Gearing up for your destination wedding? Trying to stick to your budget? Follow these money saving travel tips for a stress free, money saving, trip!
Money Saving Travel Tips for Your Destination Wedding:
1, By land, air, or sea: Choosing your mode of transportation is a good starting point. And depending on your starting and ending point, your most affordable option can vary.
Land: Calculate gas/mileage for a road trip and travel time.
Air: Check travel sites like Orbitz or Travelocity to see flight costs. Don’t forget to consider additional fees like baggage, seat selection, cost to park at the airport. Sometimes choosing a slightly higher “upfront” ticket can be cheaper in the long run by including free bags or seat assignment. Also check out Trip Advisor’s handy tool for choosing which airport is the right fit and some Florida Flight Stats.
Sea: Surprise! Sometimes this can actually be a very practical way to travel if you’re near a port city. With Florida hosting cruise ships up and down both coasts, there are various options here. Check out this list of American cruise ports and see if this may be an option for you. This is also a great idea for an elopement as it serves as a stress free honeymoon/vacation built in to your wedding celebration! Check out our post on Cruise vs. Beach Weddings here!
2. Time of Year: So spring break is a hot season for travelers to Florida and hotel prices often reflect those demands. You can often get late August/September discounts as long as you can handle the heat. Otherwise, fall is a great time to plan a beach wedding. Less heat, less travelers, and traditioanlly cheaper rates. Also, avoid price hikes during holiday weekends. If you are a northerner looking to take a break from the brutal winter, Florida’s mild winter weather may be the perfect reason to ditch the snow shovel and get some Florida sunshine.
3. Weekday Wedding: Although this is often a burden for wedding guests due to work conflicts, consider a weekday wedding for an elopement or vow renewal. Save a few bucks, have a less busy beach, and turn off the alarm for a few days!
So now that you have an idea of money saving travel tips for you destination wedding, are you ready to book the beach wedding of your dreams?
Why Clearwater Beach Wedding Package over Hiring Independent Vendors/D.I.Y.?
Think of a Clearwater beach wedding package like choosing a new home. You could spend months, even years, finding land, hiring builders, contractors, painters, plumbers, electricians. The list goes on. Consequently, you’re left waiting on workers. You’re spending more money than originally anticipated. You’re pouring blood, sweat and tears into building. Or, you could choose a move-in ready model home. Buy the house and simply add all of your own personal touches. Liking the sounds of a move-in ready model home? Clearwater Beach Wedding Packages are your move in ready beach weddings. We’ve done all of the hard work, hours of phone calls, emails, and researching for you. Therefore, you get the fun part-color selection, unique decor choices, and a ceremony that suites you and your future spouse perfectly!
Still not sure? Read more about why choosing a Clearwater beach wedding package is preferred:
- Location, location location: Clearwater Beach Weddings has been in business for over 10 years. So we know parking and permits. We’ve found the sunset views. We’ve set up beach weddings for groups large and small. We KNOW beach weddings. Hiring unexperienced planners is a recipe for last minute disaster.
- Personalize: Although the packages are clearly defined, you still have the opportunity to make your wedding unique. You choose the canopy and chair color, walkway decor, canopy topper, sand ceremony, and vow selection. Try surfing Pinterest and you’ll be floundering amoungst thousands of choices and “seemingly simple” DIY projects. So that $10 project turns into a disaster, time killer, and then you’re back to where you started. Furthermore, our skilled planners have perfected the beach look and have the perfect amount of variety for you to choose from without being overwhelmed.
- Cha-Ching: Clearwater Beach Weddings prices are affordable and up front. It’s a one stop shop and no unforeseen costs. Consequently, our packages are designed to cut out travel, set up, and rental fees saving you money.
- Time: Here’s a list of all the people you WON’T have to contact: officiant, photographer, set up crew, linen rental company, county beach permit department, chair rental company. Now here’s a list of the ONE contact you’ll need for ALL of that: Clearwater Beach Weddings. Pretty easy right? As a result, spend your extra time and money booking a honeymoon. Or go on a date to talk about the excitement of your upcoming stress free and affordable beach wedding!
Click Here to check out our Clearwater Beach Wedding Packages now and start planning with a reliable and experienced beach wedding company.
Ok, your beach wedding countdown is officially 1 week away. You’ve made phone calls, paid deposits, bought, altered, picked out and perfected every last wedding detail. And you’re only days away from the official “Mr. and Mrs.” title. Use this checklist so you can rest assured that when you walk down the aisle, saying “I do” is the only thing left to-do on your list.
Beach Wedding Countdown: 1 Week Away Checklist
- Make it official. Have you applied for your marriage license? Contact your wedding coordinator if you aren’t sure what you need to do. Also, make sure you or someone very trustworthy is in charge of bringing the marriage license to the wedding site the day of. Check out some FAQs for obtaining a marriage license in Clearwater Beach here.
- Roger that! Call any vendors (hair, nails, make up, photographer) to confirm appointment times and check your map to ensure good timing to and from hotels/appointments/beach. It’s likely your wedding day is on a weekend, so consider traffic being busier than a weekday.
- Check out the beach. A day or two before the actual wedding, go and check out your beach location. Your Clearwater Beach Wedding coordinator will have sent you an itinerary so you can also check out parking and meeting spots ahead of time. While you’re there, why not pack a beach chair and a towel and enjoy some sunshine! If anyone asks, it’s part of the beach wedding preparation. Oh, and don’t forget sunscreen to avoid a burn or unsightly tan lines.
- Iron out the details. Literally, get the iron (or steamer) out and make sure your dress and the Mr.’s wedding attire is ready to go.
- Relax, you’re getting married! Whether you’re a frequent beach goer or you’ve traveled many miles for your beach destination wedding, keep the beach mentality. Take it easy, relax, and enjoy this special time!