Sea oats and native Florida vegetation greet you as you walk over wooden bridges onto white, sugary sand and azure water. The two public beach accesses in Indian Rocks are located at 4th Avenue and 17th Avenue. Indian Rocks, has 27 access points along Gulf Boulevard is popular with both locals and visitors seeking paradise…including couples wanting to get married on the beach!
Full of character, there is always something to do in this thriving beach town with many activities for everyone, young and old. Explore the Indian Rocks Beach nature preserve and other parks, or plan to take the kids to Splash Harbour Waterpark for water slides. Of course, Tampa is close by with airport access and many more activities including Busch Gardens.
The main attraction for beach wedding couples is of course, the stunning Gulf of Mexico, white sand and incredible sunsets! The main beach includes a pay station for you and your guests to park as well as a nice boardwalk for the bride to walk down the aisle. While this Gulf beach can get busy during the day, it tends to clear out towards the evening hours which is perfect for a sunset wedding. If you guest list is under 50 people, no permit is required for this Florida beach wedding venue.
Top Indian Rocks Beach Restaurants for a Wedding Reception
What is the the best beach wedding reception venue that includes great food in Indian Rocks Beach? Read on for a delicious list of Indian Rocks Beach Restaurants. So whether you’re eloping and looking for an intimate dining spot or hosting a full on post wedding party, we’ve found the place for you. Just make sure to check ahead regarding any current dining guidelines.
Caddy’s has it all. Waterfront. Great food. Laid back atmosphere. Indoor or outdoor seating. And live music. Now if that doesn’t say perfect post wedding reception dinner then I don’t know what does. What we love about Caddy’s is the delicious seafood selection (there is other non-seafood cuisine), refreshing drinks/cocktails, and views of the river with boats cruising by! Oh, and the service matches the rest of the awesome atmosphere.
JD’s Restaurant and Lounge
JD’s Restaurant and Lounge is an all American good time kind of place. Piano bar, dance floor, fresh burgers and local seafood all come together in one place for a roarin’ good time. And they even accommodate large wedding parties. So if you’re ready to bring your newly wedded sandy feet to the dance floor, this is the reception venue for you, your wedding party and guests. They also have a great happy hour if you need a little liquid courage to get on the dance floor.
Guppy’s on the Beach
Looking for something a little more upscale? Guppy’s on the Beach is on the map for fine dining without the stuffy fine dining atmosphere. This place offers both indoor and outdoor seating and has a wonderful ambiance. This place can fill up quickly so be sure to get on the call ahead/reservation list.
Salt Rock Grill
We’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the best steak house in town, Salt Rock Grill (well the best in our opinion, but you can ask Trip Advisor if you don’t want to take our word for it). On the pricey side, but worth every penny. The menu here is full of classic American steakhouse classics with a creatively delicious touch. Wood Grilled Alaskan King Crab Legs, Caribbean Fire Roasted Lobster Tail, Filet Oscar. Cue the drool.
Jimmy’s Fish House & Iguana Bar
The view, the sunset, it’s paradise in a restaurant at Jimmy’s Fish House. Enjoy a fish sandwich and a beverage of choice while overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The food is affordable, atmosphere is casual, and locals & vacationers alike are returning for the breathtaking sunsets and pina coladas.
CLICK HERE to book your Indian Rocks Beach Wedding and cheers to a happy marriage!
If your dream is to elope to Florida, why not choose Siesta Key on the Gulf coast of Florida? Eloping to Siesta Key is very easy, and very affordable when you use an all-inclusive elopement package that allows you to say your vows on this Sarasota beach. With our Simply Package, everything you need is included in our beach elopement packages. Our bamboo canopy with white and ivory flowing material will add an elegance to your Florida elopement package. We include the ceremony officiant who will legally marry the two of you. We add the sand ceremony into the beach wedding, which represents the joining of the two of you. And, you have the option of upgrading to one of our two more dramatic, custom bamboo canopies: our lush Tropical Decor, or our unique, Natural Decor.
What is an Elopement?
According to Merriam-Webster: elope has historically meant “to run away secretly with the intention of getting married usually without parental consent.” But it has also means “to escape.” The word has meant “run away with a romantic interest” since the beginning of the 17th century, but at first it was specifically applied to a woman who left her husband to run away with her lover. So, the earliest sense of elope was “escape” or “flee,” and one might argue that this is somehow connected to the way people are now using it: for a “small destination wedding,” “wedding that is not financially insane,” or “wedding that allows us to not invite all the people we would rather not invite.”
At Florida Beach Weddings, our elopement packages are ideal for a small, but important, beach wedding ceremonies (or vow renewals) for the bride and groom, and up to four guests. There is no bridal party.
So you’ve seen how the dictionary defines an elopements and, indeed, some of those reasons might apply to you and your partner. Here are some more reasons:
- With the ever increasing cost of a traditional wedding topping $20,000+, why not elope? Eloping to Siesta Key is a stress free, beautiful way to get married for very little money — after all, what is a wedding ceremony about, but the couple declaring their love, and commitment to each other, and promising to love, and cherish each other for the rest of their lives?
- Why not save the money from a traditional ceremony, and use savings for any of the many things you may want to add to your new life together? A down payment for your dream home, or a new car? With all of our complete beach wedding packages, but especially our Simply Elopement package, you will be able to have a beautiful ceremony on the beach without breaking the bank! Photographs are included.
- With the current environment of uncertainty, “getting away from it all” is more appealing than ever. Florida beaches are a great way to tie the knot outside in a safe, sweet, simple ceremony.
- Eloping to Siesta Key Beach cannot be easier when you choose us to host your destination wedding. You have the option of obtaining your Florida marriage license by mail or online, so you won’t even have to visit the local courthouse. And, yes, a Florida marriage license is definitely required to get married in Florida!
Our Tropical Decor Upgrade can make you feel like you are in the tropics, instead of eloping to Siesta Key! The tropical topper, and conch shells in front of large, natural bamboo poles of the canopy, truly make this a tropical getaway, but no passport is needed!
Why Siesta Key Beach
Siesta Key beach is a short drive from Sarasota and offers museums, golf courses, wildlife, incredible shopping, and a variety of restaurants. The sunsets and natural light paired with the beautiful backdrop of Siesta Key beach guarantees that your wedding photos will turn out better than you could ever have dreamed of. Years down the road, you will be glad you chose Siesta Key beach as your wedding venue. Picture saying “I do” on a breathtaking white sand beach with your toes in the sand and your loved one beside you.
Spend a day enjoying the sun and sea at Siesta Key Watersports parasailing or jet skiing. For even more adventures, you can rent bikes, paddle boards, and more from the Adventure Tiki Hut at Tropical Breeze Resort. Stay for a few days or longer on your honeymoon; Florida is the perfect getaway.
One of our most exciting additions to our Simply Package: Your first dance on the beach as a newly married couple! After your intimate wedding ceremony, we invite you to have your first dance under the bamboo canopy. Of course, you can choose this very personal song, and it will be played on our professional amplifier. When eloping to Siesta Key Beach, why not add on this option that will complete your beautiful beach wedding ceremony?
It is actually included in our Simply Deluxe Elopement package. It includes everything that our Florida Simply Package includes, as well as up to 6 chairs for your guests and your choice of traditional or steel drum music for the bride to walk down the aisle. Even though our Simply Deluxe Beach Wedding Package has the option for the bride to be escorted down the aisle, there is no bridal party: it is still an elopement.
Of course, you can add a few, very important guests, four at the most. Also, if you have children you would like to include to represent their importance to your newly combined family, you can add them to your sand ceremony. They can add their own colored sand, to your sands, and share in this small wedding celebration.
If you have decided eloping to Siesta Key is right for you, contact us today to make this Florida destination beach wedding a reality!
As we write this blog in June, hurricane season is beginning and we know that this can be a possible threat to your wedding plans during the summer. It is sometimes hard to advise our couples on the best time of year to plan an outdoor beach ceremony, since Florida has great weather all year round. We do know the most active part of the Atlantic hurricane season is September through the end of October. Therefore, one of the best times of year to plan for a Clearwater Beach wedding is March through May. November through December also provides perfect weather for a ceremony outside on the sand.
There will be less rain at these times of year In fact, during the spring months it is considered dry season in Florida so your chances of rain during your wedding are low. If it does rain it typically is a short event in the later afternoon. However, the Gulf water temperature may be a bit lower than in summer, but you can still go swimming. Furthermore, you won’t be scorching in the sun and your ceremony time may be more pleasant, with your choice of time of day more flexible.
Clearwater Beach hotels may also be cheaper in the spring. As the snowbird visitors depart for home up north, it may be easier on your budget when booking a block of rooms for your guests on the Gulf side, and availability should be better.
Many brides love a June wedding and of course summer is a popular time of year for tying the knot. Now, a Florida wedding in the summer is perfect if you are a beach and sea lover and many couples choose the summer months. Just be aware your ceremony will likely not happen in the afternoon due to high temperatures and higher chances of rain. It is common to have rain every afternoon in the summer. However, you will not be disappointed in Gulf water temperatures in the 80’s! Every day can be spent swimming, boating, snorkeling and having tropical drinks by the sea. However, getting married at this time of year means you will need to be prepared for the heat with fans, sunscreen, hats and a shady area right after your ceremony. A beach pavilion will be your best friend and thankfully Florida Gulf beaches have plenty of them.
July and August on the Gulf coast can be uncomfortably humid. That being said, a morning wedding may be the answer for you to get married on the beach before things really heat up. There may be less people on the beach as well, especially if you choose a weekday. Even if it is busier, most people do not crowd around a wedding taking place on the beach and are respectful of the ceremony and their guests.
A favorite activity for some of our brides to do during their photography session after the ceremony is “trash the dress”! Trash the dress is a great idea when you get in the water after having a Florida wedding and don’t mind getting saltwater on your dress. Besides, it feels great in that warm water, it’s fun and makes for the most romantic photographs! Just go in there with your new spouse – our wedding photographer will make sure you have photos that are unforgettable. If you love your dress and want to save it, as many brides do, then we can take other stunning pictures; under a pier, by the rocks, and nothing is more spectacular than a Clearwater Beach sunset!
November through December, as previously mentioned, is also a wonderful time to get married on the beach! The water is cooling down and walking on the beach is heavenly. Still no need for a sweater as many really warm days still come your way in Florida. The sun sparkling on the Gulf water in Clearwater will be the perfect backdrop for your ceremony. Hurricane season will be coming to a close and the rain chances will go down. Contact us today to discuss the perfect date for you to tie the knot with a wedding in Florida.
It’s no secret that planning a wedding can be complicated. But it can be even more challenging when you’re trying to plan for a destination wedding in another state. So many questions: How do I get a Florida marriage license? What is the best beach for a destination wedding?
May we suggest St. Pete Beach? Fortunately, Florida wedding packages can help to make planning a St. Pete Beach Wedding that much easier so you can focus more on enjoying your special day and less on stressing over the details. It really is EASY to get married on the beach in Florida!
Here are three benefits you can take advantage of when you use a beach wedding package:
- You save on travel costs. When you’re planning a destination wedding, chances are you want to see each of the possible cities and destinations to have your wedding ceremony in person. Unfortunately, the travel costs of visiting each potential venue can quickly add up. And that can be financially dangerous when you’re already on a budget. Fortunately, when you choose to use a beach wedding package, you don’t need to travel everywhere to see the potential venues. You can easily check out all of your venue options online. With St. Pete Beach, you will be right next door to Clearwater Beach so you get the best of both worlds!
- You save on unique touches. Everyone wants their wedding ceremony to be unique to them and their personal style. But it can be tricky to keep those personal touches when you’re already having a destination wedding. A beach wedding package ensures you can choose the colors, flowers, music, and more, for your wedding so you can keep those unique touches without sweating over DIY napkin holders. Why not start customizing today?
- You can keep better track of your contacts. One of the most difficult parts of planning a wedding is that you’re essentially becoming your own event planner or producer. You’re managing many different contacts and trying to keep track of finances for each of them. When you use a beach wedding company, you don’t need to worry about keeping track of your contacts like potential DJs and caterers. Because your beach wedding package is a one-stop-shop, you only need to deal with one beach wedding planner and not 12.
A Florida Beach Wedding with lots to do.
With St. Pete Beach, you’ll find lots of sports activities and restaurants for a reception, if you like. Oh, and did we mention the sunsets? Find more information about activities here.
The good news is that Florida Beach Weddings provides all inclusive beach wedding packages to help make the planning process that much easier. For more information about our Florida beach wedding packages and how they work, contact us today.
Sarasota/Siesta Key Beach Wedding Receptions
When planning a destination beach wedding this question always arises; what to do about a reception? Here are some of our reception ideas for your Sarasota Beach Wedding:
Small Weddings of 30 or less guests:
With smaller weddings the easiest, and most cost-effective way to have a celebration after your beach wedding ceremony is to take your guests to dinner. Choose a restaurant that either has a small private dining room to rent, or where they take reservations and can accommodate your guest count. You can even make arrangements to have your cake delivered to this venue. After your first dance on the beach you can have a complete, small wedding reception at a fraction of the cost of a reception at home. Check out Turtles on Little Sarasota, Cafe Gabbiano’s and the Daquiri Deck in Siesta Key Village. The Columbia House, and Tommy Bahama Restaurant in Lido Beach come highly recommended. Sharkey’s in Venice and there are several more throughout the Sarasota, Florida area that may be suitable for your beach wedding reception.
Larger weddings with 30 – 100 guests:
There are several venues that can offer you a great reception for an economical price after your Sarasota Beach Wedding.
Siesta Key: Although this is one of the best beaches in Florida, there are no Gulf beachfront hotels or restaurants directly on the Gulf in Siesta Key that offer a reception venue. However, the Boatyard Bar and Grill is a great option (see photo below courtesy of Wedding Wire) — you can have your own reception area on the bay front. The Devyn is on the mainland but is a full service reception venue. Mattison 41 also provides reception accommodations.
What about a beach wedding reception outdoors? We do not recommend an outdoor beach wedding reception for several reasons.
- First, most Gulf beach areas do not allow it or the rules are so limiting that it makes it more work for the couples (and more stress). During Turtle Season (May – October) there are many more rules about lighting, hours, on the beach after dark, etc.
- Your guests definitely will enjoy your Gulf beach wedding, but the comfort of an indoor/outdoor covered area will be inviting and refreshing after you have completed your beach wedding ceremony.
- If the weather has been a bit uncooperative but we have been able to use the beach for your wedding, you do not want to leave any part of your wedding day to the mercy of outdoor elements (especially if a rain event is approaching). In the case of inclement beach weather you may only have a small window of opportunity to complete your Sarasota Beach wedding, so why not head to your indoor reception area to have a great wedding reception celebration without the weather worries!
- Older family members usually prefer an indoor/ or semi-indoor reception. It is great to be dressed up and enjoying the sandy beach for a ceremony, but to spend several hours outdoor on the sand is a different story (or the heat).
- Something not usually thought about, but would be greatly appreciated is indoor plumbing!
There are so many options for a reception for your Sarasota Beach Wedding, you can surely find the one that works for you. Once you choose your beach wedding package and book your wedding date with us we can provide more local vendors depending on your specific needs. And, contact us with any questions you may have about your Sarasota Beach Wedding!
If you are looking for a Gulf beach wedding venue that has white sand, emerald water and comes complete with a beach, park, outdoor reception areas and parking for hundreds – it’s Sand Key Park in Clearwater, Florida! It’s time to say Yes to De-Stress and get ready to relax in Florida.
Photo courtesy of Visit St. Pete Clearwater
Perfect for a large wedding party, the park proper has two picnic shelters with grills, a playground, and restrooms. Grills, picnic tables, and water fountains are but a few of the offered amenities. Sand Key also offers disabled visitors beach wheelchairs, which are easier to use on the sand and float in the water, free of charge. A salt marsh with viewing benches further enhances the park where heron, roseate spoonbill, great horned owls and other Florida birds nest and feed.
Sand Key Park is away from the hustle and bustle of the main area of Clearwater Beach, making it a peaceful place for the perfect beach wedding! There are several key areas that make for wonderful wedding day photos: large grassy areas, the white sand beach, and rocky areas. However, Florida Beach Weddings prefers to perform your wedding ceremony on the quietest area of the beach, so you can enjoy an intimate and unforgettable wedding day. A perfect getaway spot when children are included, they will be thrilled with the warm Gulf sea.
Sand Key Beach Restaurant for a Wedding Reception
The Columbia Restaurant was founded in 1905 and is Florida’s oldest restaurant℠. The Columbia Restaurant in Sand Key on Clearwater Beach is the perfect venue for your party or special event. Old-World Mediterranean style dining rooms lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering. Group reservations welcome.
When considering a beach wedding in Sand Key Park here are some things to be aware of:
- If you’d like to use a caterer, you must use the licensed caterer provided by the park.
- Reservations are required for the main picnic area.
- There is a fee for parking using automated meters.
- A permit fee will be required to be married on Sand Key Beach (our beach wedding company will help you with this process).
So why not tie the knot with beautiful decor on a Gulf beach in Florida? Choosing Sand Key Park will be an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Contact us today.