Laid back and relaxed, small and intimate, or straight up beach party. Whatever the feel of your wedding ceremony, here are some tips for choosing the perfect men’s beach wedding attire, and for your wedding party if you have one. These helpful beach wedding ideas for clothing and style will help you be cool and comfortable when you tie the knot in Florida.
5 Keys to Great Groom Beach Wedding Attire
- Practically Speaking: So the fact you’ve chosen a beach wedding or elopement hints at the fact that you’re outdoorsy and appreciate nature’s beauty. Don’t let your beach wedding attire steal the joy a beach wedding has to offer with hot and uncomfortable clothing. Rather, let your style blend in. So what does that mean? You don’t have to scour the Knot wedding website to find the answers…we have them here! Years of planning and officiating marriages on the beach in Florida have provided us with insight on what works and what hurts. Avoid clunky shoes, multiple layers, and thick fabrics. Wear lightweight fabrics like cotton or linen and stick with lighter colors. The colors will compliment the beach scene and can even be customized to your beach wedding package, if you so desire. It will also will leave you feeling much cooler.
2. Barefoot Bliss- We’ve already said to ditch the clunky shoes, so what options does that leave you with? Well, you can choose a classic boat shoe, flip flops, or lose the shoes altogether and go for a barefoot wedding ceremony…it feels so good. Anything more will have you weighed down in the sand and enough sand in your shoes to fill a child’s sandbox. You are lucky in love and on a sandy beachfront in Florida: let your feet and toes enjoy that warm, sunny sand. Our groom below opted to go barefoot and suit-free for a truly tropical feel.
3. Well Suited: Consider your season. Tampa, Florida beaches are pretty consistently warm MOST of the year: Fort De Soto, Pass-A-Grille, Lido Key, and Sand Key Beach near Clearwater. Even the Atlantic side of Florida, like St. Augustine, Daytona beach venues and Cocoa Beach with its robust surf and sea breezes, is nice and toasty. So, even if you love a suite and tie, save the three piece suit for another day.
You don’t have to lose the traditional groom wedding attire look however. A classic white shirt with a vest paired with a nice pair of Chinos is a great option. You can even get a little creative with colored chinos. Or add a pop of color to a white button up with a fun bow tie or suspenders. For winter weddings, jackets and dark colors are a go, so just check out the trending temps before you pick your style! Our groom below went more formal and neutral, but he looks completely cool and comfortable for his marriage ceremony in Siesta Key.
4. Accessorize: Okay, accessorizing isn’t just for the bride. There are lots of ways to add a personal touch to your groom style. Check out cuff links, tie clips, sunglasses or nautical bow ties. Really it all comes down to personal style and theme of your wedding. Is it nautical, natural with driftwood, neutral or floral? A groom can match this theme with colors and accessories to make the wedding a stunning success. Having a sunset beach wedding? That may be all the color you need for your perfect day, so a simple white shirt or jacket may be what you choose. Our St. Pete and Clearwater wedding venues provide you with many choices for this purpose.
5. Dry Run: Light colors, linens, and cottons are all ideal groom beach wedding attire. However, let’s make sure whatever fabric you’ve chosen for your undergarments are not public information. The outdoor sun can shine right through those dapper linen pants and reveal a pair of bright boxer briefs. So, like we advise our beach brides, it’s best to give your ensemble an outdoor test drive before the big day!
If you feel like rocking a hat there is no better place than the beach: it keeps you feeling cool and looking cool! Now it’s time to get your Florida wedding license and hit the beach! Get married then enjoy the beach activities you love with family and friends. Contact our beach wedding company to find our if your date and beach wedding venue is available.