What is an Elopement?
Long ago, ‘to elope’ was ‘to run away secretly in order to get married, especially without parental consent’. These days, there are many reasons behind why a couple might decide to ‘elope’. Most of the time it comes down to just wanting a wedding for two with a short, intimate ceremony. Here are a few of the most common reasons people choose to elope or opt for an intimate wedding:
- A big event either doesn’t seem authentic or causes extra stress.
- An elopement focuses more on the couple and less on the event. The focus of the wedding day is really just about the couple and the vows they want to include.
- Eloping saves money. The couple can choose to spend money on a destination and vacation honeymoon, rather than a big wedding. They can choose to get married at amazing locations like Siesta Key, Clearwater Beach, St. Pete Beach, Miami Beach or historic St. Augustine, Florida.
- Some people aren’t that close with their families. However a lot of couples choose to elope with limited friends and family. Florida Beach Weddings packages allow you to have up to six guests (but not a wedding party).
- A second marriage. Eloping allows more possibilities and flexibility. When couples head off to get married with an intimate group or just the two of them and their officiant, they have a lot more options for where they can get married and what they can do.
- Eloping places more value on the experience than on ‘things”. Rather than spending money on table settings, fancy food, a bar, or DJ, eloping places the main value on the ceremony vows and marriage experience.
- More funds for the honeymoon. Whether that’s putting money towards traveling, or saving some of that cash for an epic honeymoon, eloping is budget friendly. Consider the thousands of dollars saved on a beautiful beach elopement versus the expense of a full blown wedding.
Many elopements nowadays aren’t last minute at a local courthouse or decided on within a week. You can plan it that way, but you can also sit down as a couple and find a beautiful all inclusive package to elope in Florida on the beach – all from the comfort of your living room! Check out some complete elopement packages here.
Does it have to just be me and my significant other?
Some people do choose to elope with just the two of them but many couples like to bring along a few close friends or family members to celebrate their special day. However Elopement does NOT mean 30 people or surprise guests on the beach – that’s a destination wedding! Read more below if you and your fiancee want a larger, decorated ceremony with more guests.
What is a Destination Wedding?
A destination wedding is a larger, more decorated wedding ceremony with guests (up to 100). It is considered a micro wedding if you have 20 guests or less, in a relaxed setting with a shorter ceremony. Either size will work for a Florida destination wedding! If a couple wants to they can have a larger party or reception at another venue like a restaurant afterward.
The secret to a successful destination wedding is NOT to do it yourself: just because you may not be having a big wedding doesn’t mean that the stress of planning disappears. Make it easy on yourself and your fiancee by hiring an experienced beach wedding company to plan and execute your precious wedding day. A professional wedding specialist will help with choosing wedding decorations, colors, music, vows, travel tips, accommodations, florist and more:
Options to Add Wedding Ceremony Songs: Don’t forget your playlist including the song you fell in love with for your first dance as a married couple.
Unity Ceremony: Like any other wedding, a beach wedding has meaning when a unity sand ceremony is included. True to it’s name, the wedding couple adds sand together to a keepsake sand vase, with the sand color of your choice. Seashell blessing is optional too.
Photographer: Chances are you won’t want to ask guests to take iPhone photos so don’t forget to add photography time to any wedding package. It’s affordable and having a professional beach wedding photographer at your wedding will ensure you have captured memories for years to come.
On-Trend, Beautiful Wedding Decorations: Your wedding on a budget won’t be busted! All the beach wedding items can be included that you would expect in a Florida wedding: bamboo, flower, shells, driftwood, anchors, lanterns. It’s up to you which complete package you choose.
Affordable Wedding Locations: Popular beach wedding destinations include Siesta Key, Clearwater Beach, St. Pete Beach, Miami Beach or historic St. Augustine, Florida and more. We offer beach wedding ceremonies on both the east coast of Florida and Gulf beaches on the west coast.
A beach wedding in Florida is truly the best, most affordable destination wedding location you can choose for either an elopement or complete destination wedding. Other destinations can’t compare to the ease of getting married in the US at a ceremony in the sun and sea. Contact our beach wedding specialist today to plan your 2020 wedding today.