Your wedding photos will serve as a permanent memory from one of the biggest days of your life. When you get married at a coastal wedding venue, it is important to end up with an album full of timeless, cherished photos to show off back home. This quick tip guide will provide the basics for your best seaside Florida wedding photo shoot.
Before we get to the tips and tricks for the actual beach wedding photo shoot, let’s talk pre-wedding. A little pre-game, if you will. Make sure both bride and groom have properly fitted/altered clothing and undergarments. Nothing says photo buzz kill more than an unsightly bra strap or see through dress. So put on the full get up, and get outside because sunlight has a way of, well, bringing a whole new light to sheer/white. You can even have a friend/self timer snap a couple photos to make sure everything is in it’s proper place. Also, if you have a large guest list and have paid for extra photography, pre-wedding is the time to think over your family photo must haves. You can make a list if you like, but at least give it some thought ahead of time. If you opt for photography time with our beach wedding company you will have an hour of extra time for pictures. You can get a lot of photos in an hour so give it some thought…and of course we have suggestions to make you both look great!
Once you’ve established everything pre-wedding day, let’s talk about what to do right before the walk down your beach themed wedding aisle. Once you’re fully dressed (brides and grooms) have a friend give you an 360 degree inspection. Pin, shimmy, fluff, straighten, whatever needs to be done, do it now. Check accessory clasps and reinforce any backings or buttons. Boutonnières can be pinned and perfected now. That beautiful close up of you sharing your vows will have you saying, “GRRRRR” when your necklace clasp is upside down, glaring at you. One last powder and lip gloss is a great idea pre-aisle walk, but BE SURE to place a paper towel/t-shirt/barrier over the wedding dress before applying. Also, give the cell phone and sunglasses to a friend. Even a silenced phone provides an unsightly bulk in your pocket and you don’t want to lose it in the sand.
There’s really nothing much for you to remember here. Just prepare to follow the lead of your photographer and beach wedding officiant/coordinator. And if you’re extra nervous, remember to smile and take some nice, deep breaths. Don’t let your resting face look like you are awaiting a life sentence instead of a joyful wedding union on island sands.
Post-ceremony Beachfront Wedding Photo Shoot
If you’ve hired Florida Beach Weddings rest assured, you are in good photography hands. Your experienced photographer will be doing the posing and directing, but communicate if you have any specific ideas in mind, especially any you planned for in advance. This is the time to remember any specific family members or friends you want to include in your photos. Our photographers will do the organizing, but just be sure to communicate with them so no one is left out.
A few go-to wedding photography tips:
- Flowers– When holding flowers, your hands should be grasping the stem(s) and hands should be just directly below the belly button. It will feel a little awkward, but will look totally natural and appropriate in the photos. The natural resting place to hold flowers for most people is too high for photographs and ends up swallowing up the bride in photos. Sometimes we pose you with flowers close to your face for extra impact, like the Siesta Key bride shown above.
- Natural- Don’t force unnatural poses. Take a moment to really savor the moments of your wedding day and the beauty of your spouse. Your excitement, love, and confidence will be evident and reflect in your pictures. There is nothing more beautiful than a couple just married on the beach.
- Wind & Sun- Find out more on beach wedding hair tips HERE but to keep it simple, consider the elements. There is usually at least a slight breeze at the beach, if not full on wind. So make sure your hair is pinned and out of your face for your photos. And you may be tempted to wear sunglasses, but hold off until after the beach wedding photo shoot. If you have extremely sensitive eyes, just communicate with your photographer and the old, “1,2,3, open your eyes and cheese” trick will work (for kids and adults alike)!
- Your Personality– A classic, embraced, happy couple is a timeless photo look. But if you and your spouse have a wacky, silly side, capture that. It could make for a fun Christmas card or thank you image!
Ready to smile your way down the aisle? Check out our wedding package deals and reserve your date today.
Couple posing at Daytona Beach wedding
When planning an inexpensive wedding in Florida, the beach ranks above all the rest for beautiful wedding pictures. The white sand, the waves, the Gulf beach palm trees, the sun and the sea. It’s the perfect setting to say your vows with views, and capture a lifetime of memories. But when planning an affordable beach wedding, how do you take pictures on the beach? Friends and family may take pictures with their phones, but are these the Florida wedding ceremony photos that will look the best? What about when you want to take photos with THEM? Or if you want that kiss captured as the sun sets over the ocean? Hiring a professional beach wedding photographer, experienced in this type of setting will solve the problem and eliminate stress without breaking the bank. In fact, adding photography time to our already cheap wedding packages will guarantee your photos look first class forever (and it’s less expensive than you might think)!
A Florida Beach Weddings photographer has experience dealing with Mother Nature on the oceanfront. Be it bright light, Gulf beach sunsets, twilight, Daytona beach surf, an unexpected sun shower, fair to dark skin, children, a colorful bridal party: there are many factors a beach wedding photographer must consider. That’s on top of the already difficult tasks of capturing intimacy, correct shutter speed, posing couples at the right angle, creative/natural backgrounds, or eliminating other beach visitors. Beautiful, crisp photographs of traditional poses, bride and groom, family, friends, the bridal party and fun posing are part of the hundreds of beach wedding photos we’ve taken over the last 13 years! We’d love to show you some of our Florida Beach Wedding couples. Note: Forever In Love is now part of Florida Beach Weddings photography team!
Here are some beach wedding photo ideas for you
Best beach wedding photography poses
Ponce Inlet beach wedding couple kissing after saying vows
Wedding couple posing on beach in the Atlantic surf
Couple first dance after beach wedding on Cocoa Beach, FL
Clearwater beach wedding couple kissing in the white sand
Daytona beach wedding couple posing under pier
Miami beach wedding couple kissing
This bride and groom share glances during a Siesta Key Gulf Beach Wedding
Navy wedding on Cocoa Beach as the sun comes up
Beach Wedding Family Photos
Jacksonville Beach wedding couple with family after vows
This family joins together at a sand ceremony at a Florida Wedding on the beach
Ft. Walton beach weddings with family and friends in Florida.
Best Sunset Beach Wedding Photos
Lido Beach wedding couple kissing during Florida gulf beach sunset
A groom picks up his bride at sunset at a Clearwater Beach Weddings
The sun sets on this Gulf beach wedding in Clearwater, Florida
Beach Wedding Bridal Party
Miami beach wedding bride with bridesmaids in the sea
Ponce Inlet Beach wedding groom and beach wedding party
Cocoa Beach wedding party
Florida Gulf beach wedding bridesmaids
Are you the creative type? Or do you like a good pun/silly photo memory? Maybe you want to consider your wedding photo for your annual Christmas card? Whatever your reasons, you’ve clicked to the right place. Look not further for fun beach wedding photo props ideas.
Beach Wedding Photo Props
Wedding Rings: The wedding rings are such a beautiful symbol of marriage. What better way to preserve your bling than with a little beachy ring photo shoot?
Cards: Thank You’s and Christmas Cards are much more fun at the beach!
Click here to order these cute Santa hats. Even if you aren’t having a Christmas wedding, how fun to plan ahead for your annual Christmas card! Who wouldn’t love to see Bride and Groom Mr. & Mrs. Clause?
Funny Photos: So if you like a good laugh, these photos are for you. Serious friends, keep scrolling.
For the fishermen (and fisherwomen) out there!
A little creepy looking, but still very funny.
There’s always that couple.
And that couple too!
Ok, how fun if all of your guests wore matching shades for a group shot?
Click here to purchase these fun signs!
Traditional/Romantic: If you like a more traditional photographic memory. Here are some good ole’ fashioned beach wedding photo ideas:
Sweet for a beach photo and then bring it home for decor! Click here to buy!
You can find the classic ambersand in home decor stores or etsy.com
Not really a “prop,” but a great idea!
Hold this together on the beach! Click HERE.
Do all of these fun photos have your dreaming of your picture perfect beach wedding day? Book your beach wedding today!
So we’ve recently blogged about ideas for capturing the most memorable beach wedding photos. So now let’s talk about why you should hire a professional beach wedding photographer for the job. Our culture’s obsession with social media and selfies has prompted big companies (like that one with the fruit with a bite taken out, ahem) to make cell phones with better cameras than most professionals had ten years ago. However, your friend’s iPhone X vs. a professional beach wedding photographer is your call. But like those catchy t-shirts would say, “Trust me, I’m a photographer.” I present, the argument:
Professional Beach Wedding Photographer vs. Helpful Tech Savvy Friend:
- Final Product:
- Your Clearwater Beach Wedding Photographer: Photography services include photo shop editing and CD or digital download. Our timeless photos will leave you with beautiful memories to last a lifetime. The image quality also reflects the experience required for dealing with bright sunlight, water reflections, and unpredictable sandy/salty elements.
- Your Friend: A cute IG filter and catchy # are nice, but that only gets you so far.
So now the final verdict is for you decide. Let your friend be a guest. Avoid that awkward moment when your friend has a sandy lens. Or blurry photos. Or runs out of storage/battery…yikes! Hire a professional.
Hashtag wedding day. Hashtag best beach wedding photos. Let’s get wedding photo ready. Framed art, photo albums, Facebook posts, IG account, family gifts just to name a few. But don’t wait until the day of to think about your beach wedding photos. Here are a few tips and ideas for preserving timeless moments from your beach wedding day.
5 Tips for the Best Beach Wedding Photos:
- Plan Ahead: Google, “Pin,” get creative. To make your big day as stress free as possible, the key is making all your decision ahead of time. While your photographer likely has some great poses planned, consider doing a little photo research on your own. Find the poses you love, and consider saving them to your phone. This allows you to have them on hand to show your photographer and refresh your memory! Check out our photo page to get some inspiration!
- Family & Friends: The last thing you want is to look back at your photos and realize you forgot to take a picture with ___________ (fill in the blank). Make a list of bridal party, family, and friends so you don’t leave anyone out.
- What NOT to wear: Find more tips on beach wedding attire for brides and grooms, but a good rule of thumb is take a photo test drive. Either at your final fitting or home, take indoor and outdoor pictures in your wedding dress, undergarments and all. Make sure there’s no unsightly straps, lines, or crumples, showing through.
- Sunny Days: It’s likely to be sunny at your beach wedding. However, don’t forget to ditch the sunglasses for your photos. Make sure to pass those shades to a friend so they aren’t accidentally mistaken for a headband or neck tie!
- Freshen Up: We’re not talking full on make up re-do. Just a quick lip gloss and a little powder sweep to absorb any sweat and eliminate shine will do the trick!
Smile, relax and enjoy the rest of your day! Your beach wedding photographer will take it from there!