by Florida Weddings | Jul 2, 2020 | All Florida Beach Weddings, Beach Wedding Photographer, Beach Wedding Photography
Your wedding photos will serve as a permanent memory from one of the biggest days of your life. When you get married at a coastal wedding venue, it is important to end up with an album full of timeless, cherished photos to show off back home. This quick tip guide will provide the basics for your best seaside Florida wedding photo shoot.
Before we get to the tips and tricks for the actual beach wedding photo shoot, let’s talk pre-wedding. A little pre-game, if you will. Make sure both bride and groom have properly fitted/altered clothing and undergarments. Nothing says photo buzz kill more than an unsightly bra strap or see through dress. So put on the full get up, and get outside because sunlight has a way of, well, bringing a whole new light to sheer/white. You can even have a friend/self timer snap a couple photos to make sure everything is in it’s proper place. Also, if you have a large guest list and have paid for extra photography, pre-wedding is the time to think over your family photo must haves. You can make a list if you like, but at least give it some thought ahead of time. If you opt for photography time with our beach wedding company you will have an hour of extra time for pictures. You can get a lot of photos in an hour so give it some thought…and of course we have suggestions to make you both look great!
Once you’ve established everything pre-wedding day, let’s talk about what to do right before the walk down your beach themed wedding aisle. Once you’re fully dressed (brides and grooms) have a friend give you an 360 degree inspection. Pin, shimmy, fluff, straighten, whatever needs to be done, do it now. Check accessory clasps and reinforce any backings or buttons. Boutonnières can be pinned and perfected now. That beautiful close up of you sharing your vows will have you saying, “GRRRRR” when your necklace clasp is upside down, glaring at you. One last powder and lip gloss is a great idea pre-aisle walk, but BE SURE to place a paper towel/t-shirt/barrier over the wedding dress before applying. Also, give the cell phone and sunglasses to a friend. Even a silenced phone provides an unsightly bulk in your pocket and you don’t want to lose it in the sand.
There’s really nothing much for you to remember here. Just prepare to follow the lead of your photographer and beach wedding officiant/coordinator. And if you’re extra nervous, remember to smile and take some nice, deep breaths. Don’t let your resting face look like you are awaiting a life sentence instead of a joyful wedding union on island sands.
Post-ceremony Beachfront Wedding Photo Shoot
If you’ve hired Florida Beach Weddings rest assured, you are in good photography hands. Your experienced photographer will be doing the posing and directing, but communicate if you have any specific ideas in mind, especially any you planned for in advance. This is the time to remember any specific family members or friends you want to include in your photos. Our photographers will do the organizing, but just be sure to communicate with them so no one is left out.
A few go-to wedding photography tips:
- Flowers– When holding flowers, your hands should be grasping the stem(s) and hands should be just directly below the belly button. It will feel a little awkward, but will look totally natural and appropriate in the photos. The natural resting place to hold flowers for most people is too high for photographs and ends up swallowing up the bride in photos. Sometimes we pose you with flowers close to your face for extra impact, like the Siesta Key bride shown above.
- Natural- Don’t force unnatural poses. Take a moment to really savor the moments of your wedding day and the beauty of your spouse. Your excitement, love, and confidence will be evident and reflect in your pictures. There is nothing more beautiful than a couple just married on the beach.
- Wind & Sun- Find out more on beach wedding hair tips HERE but to keep it simple, consider the elements. There is usually at least a slight breeze at the beach, if not full on wind. So make sure your hair is pinned and out of your face for your photos. And you may be tempted to wear sunglasses, but hold off until after the beach wedding photo shoot. If you have extremely sensitive eyes, just communicate with your photographer and the old, “1,2,3, open your eyes and cheese” trick will work (for kids and adults alike)!
- Your Personality– A classic, embraced, happy couple is a timeless photo look. But if you and your spouse have a wacky, silly side, capture that. It could make for a fun Christmas card or thank you image!
Ready to smile your way down the aisle? Check out our wedding package deals and reserve your date today.
by Pam | Feb 8, 2020 | All Florida Beach Weddings, Beach Wedding Photographer, Beach Wedding Photography
Couple posing at Daytona Beach wedding
When planning an inexpensive wedding in Florida, the beach ranks above all the rest for beautiful wedding pictures. The white sand, the waves, the Gulf beach palm trees, the sun and the sea. It’s the perfect setting to say your vows with views, and capture a lifetime of memories. But when planning an affordable beach wedding, how do you take pictures on the beach? Friends and family may take pictures with their phones, but are these the Florida wedding ceremony photos that will look the best? What about when you want to take photos with THEM? Or if you want that kiss captured as the sun sets over the ocean? Hiring a professional beach wedding photographer, experienced in this type of setting will solve the problem and eliminate stress without breaking the bank. In fact, adding photography time to our already cheap wedding packages will guarantee your photos look first class forever (and it’s less expensive than you might think)!
A Florida Beach Weddings photographer has experience dealing with Mother Nature on the oceanfront. Be it bright light, Gulf beach sunsets, twilight, Daytona beach surf, an unexpected sun shower, fair to dark skin, children, a colorful bridal party: there are many factors a beach wedding photographer must consider. That’s on top of the already difficult tasks of capturing intimacy, correct shutter speed, posing couples at the right angle, creative/natural backgrounds, or eliminating other beach visitors. Beautiful, crisp photographs of traditional poses, bride and groom, family, friends, the bridal party and fun posing are part of the hundreds of beach wedding photos we’ve taken over the last 13 years! We’d love to show you some of our Florida Beach Wedding couples. Note: Forever In Love is now part of Florida Beach Weddings photography team!
Here are some beach wedding photo ideas for you
Best beach wedding photography poses
Ponce Inlet beach wedding couple kissing after saying vows
Wedding couple posing on beach in the Atlantic surf
Couple first dance after beach wedding on Cocoa Beach, FL
Clearwater beach wedding couple kissing in the white sand
Daytona beach wedding couple posing under pier
Miami beach wedding couple kissing
This bride and groom share glances during a Siesta Key Gulf Beach Wedding
Navy wedding on Cocoa Beach as the sun comes up
Beach Wedding Family Photos
Jacksonville Beach wedding couple with family after vows
This family joins together at a sand ceremony at a Florida Wedding on the beach
Ft. Walton beach weddings with family and friends in Florida.
Best Sunset Beach Wedding Photos
Lido Beach wedding couple kissing during Florida gulf beach sunset
A groom picks up his bride at sunset at a Clearwater Beach Weddings
The sun sets on this Gulf beach wedding in Clearwater, Florida
Beach Wedding Bridal Party
Miami beach wedding bride with bridesmaids in the sea
Ponce Inlet Beach wedding groom and beach wedding party
Cocoa Beach wedding party
Florida Gulf beach wedding bridesmaids
by Pam | Feb 2, 2020 | All Florida Beach Weddings, Beach Wedding Photographer
Ten, twenty, thirty years from now when you look back on your wedding day, what will be the moments you most remember? Watching the sunset as you said your vows? The exciting emotions felt while walking down the aisle? Your first kiss? Photos capture these life changing moments and they elicit feelings for a lifetime. So your wedding day photos are, naturally, a pretty big deal. Hiring an experienced beach wedding photographer ensures that as your own memory blurs, your wedding day photos will be in focus, clear, and forever beautiful. Trying to trim the budget by having a friend take pictures may seem like a good idea, but here are some reasons why you should stick with a beach wedding professional.
- Affordable: Photographers traditionally come with a heavy price tag. However, Florida Beach Weddings has the luxury of experienced, in house staff photographers with over a decade shooting beach weddings. Experienced professionals without the heart stopping $$$. Sold! Adding photography to our affordable package prices is very reasonable. Click here to crunch on those numbers!
- Experience: A beach wedding photographer has an added challenge. And it’s two words: Mother Nature. Be it bright light, Gulf beach sunset light, twilight, Daytona beach surf, an unexpected sun shower, fair to dark skin: there are many factors a beach wedding photographer must consider. That’s on top of the already difficult tasks of staying discreet, correct shutter speed, capturing from the right angle, creative/natural posing, or eliminating other beach visitors. The list goes on. Don’t leave these detail orientated tasks to your friend whose only photographic selling point is an entertaining Instagram feed. An experienced photographer will capture your memories beautifully and forever.
- Talent: Florida Beach Wedding photographers are equipped to not only capture your moments on your wedding day, but also to perform magic! And by magic, I mean editing. So whether it’s a dull photo that needs some brightening or an unwanted pedestrian in the background, consider it taken care of.
- Proof: Check out the real Florida Beach Weddings in our photo gallery and see some breathtaking wedding photos.
Do all of these photos have you wanting to tele-port to your beach wedding? Well, we haven’t perfected the tele-porting process yet, but you can book here today!