Your wedding photos will serve as a permanent memory from one of the biggest days of your life. When you get married at a coastal wedding venue, it is important to end up with an album full of timeless, cherished photos to show off back home. This quick tip guide will provide the basics for your best seaside Florida wedding photo shoot.
Before we get to the tips and tricks for the actual beach wedding photo shoot, let’s talk pre-wedding. A little pre-game, if you will. Make sure both bride and groom have properly fitted/altered clothing and undergarments. Nothing says photo buzz kill more than an unsightly bra strap or see through dress. So put on the full get up, and get outside because sunlight has a way of, well, bringing a whole new light to sheer/white. You can even have a friend/self timer snap a couple photos to make sure everything is in it’s proper place. Also, if you have a large guest list and have paid for extra photography, pre-wedding is the time to think over your family photo must haves. You can make a list if you like, but at least give it some thought ahead of time. If you opt for photography time with our beach wedding company you will have an hour of extra time for pictures. You can get a lot of photos in an hour so give it some thought…and of course we have suggestions to make you both look great!
Once you’ve established everything pre-wedding day, let’s talk about what to do right before the walk down your beach themed wedding aisle. Once you’re fully dressed (brides and grooms) have a friend give you an 360 degree inspection. Pin, shimmy, fluff, straighten, whatever needs to be done, do it now. Check accessory clasps and reinforce any backings or buttons. Boutonnières can be pinned and perfected now. That beautiful close up of you sharing your vows will have you saying, “GRRRRR” when your necklace clasp is upside down, glaring at you. One last powder and lip gloss is a great idea pre-aisle walk, but BE SURE to place a paper towel/t-shirt/barrier over the wedding dress before applying. Also, give the cell phone and sunglasses to a friend. Even a silenced phone provides an unsightly bulk in your pocket and you don’t want to lose it in the sand.
There’s really nothing much for you to remember here. Just prepare to follow the lead of your photographer and beach wedding officiant/coordinator. And if you’re extra nervous, remember to smile and take some nice, deep breaths. Don’t let your resting face look like you are awaiting a life sentence instead of a joyful wedding union on island sands.
Post-ceremony Beachfront Wedding Photo Shoot
If you’ve hired Florida Beach Weddings rest assured, you are in good photography hands. Your experienced photographer will be doing the posing and directing, but communicate if you have any specific ideas in mind, especially any you planned for in advance. This is the time to remember any specific family members or friends you want to include in your photos. Our photographers will do the organizing, but just be sure to communicate with them so no one is left out.
A few go-to wedding photography tips:
- Flowers– When holding flowers, your hands should be grasping the stem(s) and hands should be just directly below the belly button. It will feel a little awkward, but will look totally natural and appropriate in the photos. The natural resting place to hold flowers for most people is too high for photographs and ends up swallowing up the bride in photos. Sometimes we pose you with flowers close to your face for extra impact, like the Siesta Key bride shown above.
- Natural- Don’t force unnatural poses. Take a moment to really savor the moments of your wedding day and the beauty of your spouse. Your excitement, love, and confidence will be evident and reflect in your pictures. There is nothing more beautiful than a couple just married on the beach.
- Wind & Sun- Find out more on beach wedding hair tips HERE but to keep it simple, consider the elements. There is usually at least a slight breeze at the beach, if not full on wind. So make sure your hair is pinned and out of your face for your photos. And you may be tempted to wear sunglasses, but hold off until after the beach wedding photo shoot. If you have extremely sensitive eyes, just communicate with your photographer and the old, “1,2,3, open your eyes and cheese” trick will work (for kids and adults alike)!
- Your Personality– A classic, embraced, happy couple is a timeless photo look. But if you and your spouse have a wacky, silly side, capture that. It could make for a fun Christmas card or thank you image!
Ready to smile your way down the aisle? Check out our wedding package deals and reserve your date today.
Now that the news is getting more positive every day, couples are looking forward to getting married at their favorite destinations. Is it your dream to say, “I do” on a beautiful sandy beach? Look no further than sunny Fort Myers in southwest Florida. But are you wondering, “I heard Gulf beach weddings can be complicated and expensive to plan. Are destination weddings affordable?” The answer is yes. So let’s break it down.
Fort Myers Beach Wedding Q & A:
- How much does the ceremony cost? Experience and efficiency keep our beach wedding packages affordable and fair. With over 13 years experience in the wedding industry our beach wedding company has perfected the one stop shop. Outside vendor costs are eliminated and everything you need is all in one place. Whether it’s an elopement, very small beach wedding or you’re bringing on the party bus, there’s a complete wedding package for you. All the elements of a traditional ceremony including on-trend, elegant decor, a wedding officiant, photographer, your vows and music can be included. In almost all cases, you will not need a beach wedding permit fee for Fort Myers Gulf beach weddings. This saves you money by not having to pay for a permit fee. Florida Beach Weddings packages in Fort Myers start at $699 and at the top end average $2,500.Check out options and prices here.
- What about travel expenses? With Southwest Florida international airport located within an hour of the beach, flying to your destination wedding is easy. Check travel sites like travelocity.com or hotels.com and see which airlines offer the best deals. There are low cost airlines that may fly into local airports and can cut hundreds from you budget. You can also read pros and cons of traveling to Florida during the off season to save money.
- How much does the hotel cost? This is another topic that can vary substantially with tourist seasons. The cheapest rates are typically between slower seasons, late April-May and mid September-November. If your Fort Myers beach wedding date is flexible, this is a big way to save money. You can also buy a block of rooms with your guests to save money. This can be a huge money saver for making destination weddings affordable. Check out The Best Western Plus Beach Resort Hotel which is less than 5 minutes from our most popular Fort Myers beach wedding location.
- What about our guests? Once you’ve done your research on flights and hotels, you can provide accommodation information for your family and friends. The best thing is to give guests plenty of advance notice of your destination wedding plans. This will give them ample time to budget for your wedding. And who doesn’t want to take a vacation to sunny Florida, right?
Bowditch State Park is our favorite Gulf beach wedding location in Fort Myers. With a beautiful, long wooden walkway, amazing sunsets, and beautiful beach scenery, you will feel that you have escaped to a tropical paradise for your seaside wedding ceremony. We recommend having your wedding around sunset to take advantage of the beautiful sky perfect for your wedding pictures. Bowditch State Park Beach weddings are great for all size weddings as they have a large parking lot to accommodate your guests.
Oh and we can’t forget that a destination beach wedding doubles as a honeymoon. No need to jet off. Once you officially become Mr. and Mrs., grab a drink, a beach chair, and enjoy the Fort Myers Beach view! The Key West express is an easy way to set sail for a quick destination honeymoon in Key West. After you tie the knot on the beach, consider taking the Key West Express to Key West for a night or two all alone. It is the perfect little escape for the two of you! Contact one of our Beach Wedding Specialists for more information on a 2020 or 2021 wedding.
Choosing the perfect beach wedding dress should be exciting and fun, so don’t allow the pressure of finding the perfect dress take away from enjoying this cherished wedding planning time. With over a decade working with wedding dress experts, we’ve compiled a checklist of DO’s and DON’Ts for finding your dream dress.
DO’s and DON’Ts for finding the perfect Beach Wedding Dress
- DO- Decide your style choice ahead of time. Avoid sticking with only the hottest trends and consider styles that flatter your figure and personal fashion sense. Also consider your beach wedding package decor and the style it brings to your wedding day.
- DON’T- Get stuck in Pinterest mode. Keep in mind these (likely) photo-shopped models may or may not have your same body type, skin tone, bust, hair…. Find your inspiration, but be open to variations that suit you and your style. Check out our photo page for more inspiration!
- DO- Consider the weather. Florida beach weddings are likely warm weathered events with a variety of weather on the east coast beaches and the west coast or Gulf beaches. So with the exception of December-February, choose a dress with a breathable fabric. Traditional long gowns are popular but it’s probably best to avoid long sleeves, which may leave you melting in the heat!
- DON’T- Forget about your skivvies! It’s a good idea to have both a strapless bra and regular bra on hand. This will give you the best idea of what you’ll actually look like on your big day! No-show underwear are a good idea too so you’ll know exactly what’s going on underneath! *The same is true for any fittings.
- DO- Bring your camera when dress shopping. Make sure to have a friend or sales associate take your picture outside in the gown before purchasing. Sometimes the natural sunlight can bring “new light” to your undergarments that would otherwise go unnoticed inside.
The last “DO tip” before you say “I DO” is to enjoy your dress shopping experience. Whether it’s with your mom, sister, best friend, or peacefully by yourself, cherish this traditional bridal right of passage. Find the dress that makes you feel confident, beautiful, and aisle ready!
Meghan Markle is everywhere in the news right now with her and husband Prince Harry’s decision to step back from their senior royal duties and lose their HRH titles. Titles or not, Meghan’s style is still timeless, royal, stunning. Just days after the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, headlines were blaring with every romantic detail of the day including her dress. Classic glamour, elegance, and romance came together for an absolutely stunning look as Meghan continues to make fashion news. So while an elaborate train, sophisticated veil, and earrings that may be more than your annual salary likely won’t be on your wedding shopping list, we’ve found some affordable and royally inspired beach wedding dress ideas!
Wedding Dress Ideas Inspired by Meghan Markle
Romance, simplicity, class. We’ve chosen some style inspirations to achieve a similar royal look for your beach wedding: some are BoHo, others are structured. While Givenchy is a far cry from an “affordable” wedding dress, we’ve found some royally inspired alternatives. Meghan Markle continues to lead the way in romantic fashion wearing beautiful A-line and wrap dresses. Click below for links to shop the style for your romantic beach wedding.
Nordstrom– Blythe Scallop Eyelet Dress $198
The Outnet– “Alexis” Dress $175
Revolve– “Intrigue Gown” $207
The Knot- “THEIA” gown $1500
David’s Bridal– Sweet Serenity Plus Size Wedding Gown $248
Do these gowns have you dreaming of your fairy tale beach wedding? Click HERE to find out more about our Florida weddings and reserve your date.
So you’re probably here for one of two reasons:
- You’re getting married and need a photographer.
- You’re getting married and not sure if a professional photographer is worth the money.
And if neither of those reasons pertain to you, welcome anyways! So hiring a professional beach wedding photographer is an easy choice if you ask us. And with Your Daytona Beach Wedding, your wedding package includes a staff photographer.
Top 5 Reasons for Hiring a Professional Wedding Photographer
Well a no-brainer really, but let’s clarify. So having a friend snap some shots on his/her latest iPhone may seem tempting to save a few bucks on a photographer. However, the angles, tricky lighting, perfect timing, are all things a few YouTube tutorials can replace years of experience. Professional wedding photographers have to know the flow of the ceremony to make sure the bride and groom are the objects of attention (not the photographer). Down, set, hike ready position for the first kiss, sand ceremony pouring, ring exchange, etc. Check out our photo gallery to see for yourself!
Late, last minute cancellation, dead battery, full storage space. All things your professional wedding photographer will NOT have issues with. The professionals are prepared. And they have a back up for batteries, memory cards, and worst case, even themselves. Another professional could stand in. Whereas your friend who caught the stomach bug probably doesn’t have a replacement on hand.
So getting the perfect shot is only 1/2 of it. Brighten, darken, soften, touch up, remove unwanted objects. All the job for an experienced photographer/editor. That speedo jumping character in the photo below can be easily erased with a few handy photoshop tricks.
Wait, WHAT?! Yes, there are photographers out there who charge more money for your wedding photoshoot than a down payment on your new home. But Your Daytona Beach Wedding Company isn’t in that category. So by eliminating the middle man and using staff photogprahers, the result is easy on your wallet.
Your marriage, your vows, your photos. Your wedding photos will adorn your walls, Christmas cards, Facebook page, Instagram feed, Time Hop…. And they never get old. Your wedding photos are your one way to preserve the beauty and experience of your destination wedding. These photos will be passed on for generations and hiring a professional wedding photographer means clear and perfect shots and the preservation of a once in a lifetime experience.
So….ready to have your wedding photos hanging up in your home? Click HERE for more information on your Daytona Beach Wedding!