Introducing Daytona Beach, the “World’s Most Famous Beach.” But there’s also another side to this town…the quiet, intimate side. And, there’s everything in between. Use this guide to help you find your perfect Daytona Beach hotel after you tie the knot on this wonderful Atlantic ocean coast.
Action Packed Destination Wedding Filled with Fun
Hotels located in the heart of Daytona Beach leave wedding couples and guests with no shortage of fun and entertainment. Staying at a hotel like The Hilton Daytona Beach Resort or the Club Wyndham Ocean Walk puts you steps from endless fun, day or night. Shopping, restaurants, bars, water park, pier, boardwalk, outdoor concert venue just to name a few. Visit all of those attractions within walking distance of your hotel. This is the perfect spot for the entertainment seeking couple. Due to the high volume of beach goers, the Florida Beach Weddings company offers our wedding services about 10-15 minute drive from these hotels which has you at a much quieter beach for a more personal wedding ceremony.
Fun-Filled Wedding Day Minus the Busy Crowd
For less crowds, then check out Best Western Aku Tiki, Perry’s Ocean-Edge Resort, or Emerald Shores. You can choose a Daytona Beach Wedding Package and these hotels each offer a unique experience for you and your guests before and after the ceremony. Enjoy the indoor and outdoor pool or tiki bar at Perry’s. Or enjoy the convenience of the delicious in house restaurant at Aku Tiki Inn and cocktails at night. Another local favorite, Emerald Shores Hotel Daytona Beach, offers oceanfront fire pits and complimentary continental breakfast.
Peace and Quiet Honeymoon
If you’re looking to “get away from it all” and enjoy a more intimate and quiet beach wedding, an AirBNB or VRBO may be just the place to find your paradise. Check out this AirBNB for a dreamy beach home for your wedding party. Look near Toronita Park, one of our most popular beach wedding locations. A home near Toronita (our Wilbur-By-The-Sea location) puts you steps away from the perfect marriage ceremony location and a white sand beach.
Get Married in Front of Your Hotel
If you want to say your vows with the convenience of walking down the aisle close to your hotel room, then choose The Shores Resort & Spa and we will set up on the beach in the “backyard” of your hotel! This is one of the easiest ways to have a simple beach wedding, with low stress. In fact, getting dressed in your hotel room will make it easier if you want to have a formal wedding dress and more upscale, elegant Florida beach wedding.
Access 23 miles of pristine beach along the Atlantic Ocean directly from the hotel, along with beachfront fire pits and a pool deck with cabanas overlooking it all. convenient access to Daytona Beach’s most popular attractions, like the Boardwalk and Main Street Pier, Bandshell, and Daytona Lagoon – all located within ten minutes of this hotel. You can also hold your reception here and enjoy ocean-fresh food.
Fly in to Orlando or Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach International Airport is obviously the closest when choosing Delta and American Airlines. Orlando is just over an hour away so it’s also an easy choice for smooth travel. However you and your guests arrive, having a Daytona Beach wedding ceremony is simply easy, beautiful and fun. Our beach wedding specialists have lots of resources to help you have a successful day including nails, florists, makeup and hair salons. Let us help you plan the beach wedding of your dreams. Contact us today to book your date.
I’m not sure if it’s the pure innocence or the nostalgia of dressing up like a bride as a young girl…but there’s just something heart melting about a beach wedding flower girl. From dress choices to child-proofing your wedding ceremony, here are some helpful tips for your beach wedding flower girl experience. Beautiful and drama melt-down free.
Bride Guide: Beach Wedding Flower Girl
Asking Your Flower Girl
The process for choosing your flower girl is relatively simple. Whether it’s daughter of a bridesmaid, niece, goddaughter, etc. Here are some points to consider:
- Age appropriate: Flower girls are typically anywhere between 18 months (give or take) and 9 years old. Once they hit 9, they may be better suited as a “junior bridesmaid.” You can choose younger, or a non-walker for the tradition, but a bridesmaid or “mom” will need to “walk” her down the aisle.
- Memorable invitation: So it’s totally standard to simply ask the parents first and then formally ask or invite your future flower girl. You can also take things a step further and double up with a wedding gift with something like this adorable bride/flower girl memory picture. And it’s totally customizable. What a sweet token to remember this special bond.
Flower Girl Dress Choice:
- Weather: First and foremost, consider your season. Now a destination Daytona Beach wedding is likely to be a warm environment. But that’s not to say we don’t have a chilly day here and again in January and February. So you don’t want your sweet little Miss shivering or sweating because of her inappropriate dress.
- Color: White is the traditional flower girl color choice. However, it’s totally ok to think outside the box or add a splash of color with a sash or bow embellishment.
- Style: You can stick with a similar style or fabric as your bridal gown or go a different way. I think it’s best to have a budget in mind and keep the affordability factor especially if you won’t be footing the bill. You can check out a variety of ideas and styles on Pinterest and Etsy.
- Accessories/Footwear: So barefoot is best for little walkers. If your wedding is peak summer season, a securely strapped, light sandal may be best to keep little toes from the heat. As for accessories, you can find lots of cute ideas from headpieces to jewerly, flower baskets and more at Etsy.com
It’s important to communicate with your flower girl’s parents the timeline for when and where to be the day of your wedding. Make sure you communicate who will be transporting/walking/caring for your flower girl the day of the wedding. The idea is to enjoy each other’s presence and cherished wedding relationship. NOT a hectic babysitting scene from the movie “Problem Child.” It’s VERY important for kids to know the expectations in order to ensure compliance, understanding, and no misunderstandings. Don’t let the wedding day be the first time she hears these reminders. Take note to discuss:
- Procedure for walking down the aisle/flower dispersing/where to go after the aisle (standing or sitting)
- Expected noise levels at a wedding
- Photography shoot post wedding
- Length of wedding (though most young kids don’t have a great concept of time, explaining the wedding timeline helps and a candy bribe doesn’t hurt) 😉
The Wedding Day
So you’ve chosen the dress, you’ve reviewed expectations, now it’s show time! Here are some fool proof tips for a great beach wedding flower girls experience:
- Who’s in charge? Make sure the flower girl’s “supervisor” (AKA mom, bridesmaid, etc.) reviews the plan for the ceremony. This “supervisor” should also make sure the flower girl has a:
- Snack/Drink: A quick, mess free snack and sip of water isn’t a bad idea before walking the aisle. Once it’s all said and done it could be a while before the next meal post wedding.
- Bathroom Break: Nothing like a potty dance or scurried rush to the bathroom in the middle of your wedding ceremony!
- Flowers: Fake flowers are BANNED from certain beaches so be sure to stick with the real deal and check with your Beach Wedding Company regarding this.
- Flexibility: Some times the best laid plans just don’t work out. So if your flower girl is having a diva melt down or just too nervous to walk the aisle, don’t worry. The show must go on. Have your designated “supervisor” walk/carry her down the aisle or down the beach a bit while she calms down.
- Treats: It’s always nice to offer a little treat as a reward for a job well done and to keep the little one entertained/happy. Some ideas are bubbles, candy, a small toy. You can arrange ahead of time who will be in charge of bringing that to the beach.
Well that covers it! Are you ready for your beach wedding flower girl to make way for you down the aisle? Click to book your Beach Wedding!
You’ve seen the evolution of bridesmaids dresses. From ’50s lindy to ’70s mod polyester to ’80s shiny satin with matching colored shoes. Yep, that happened. But no matter the trend or the style, every beach bride should have the same goal: happy, beautiful bridesmaids by her side. So these tips will guide you as you search for the perfect beach wedding bridesmaid dresses for your wedding party.
Beach Wedding Bridesmaid Attire
One size fits all? Not!
This is often the biggest challenge. Short, tall, skinny, curvy, apple shaped, pear shaped. How can you find a dress to suit them all? A line dresses are one of the most universally flattering dress types and perfect in length for a beach wedding. High-low hemlines are also compliment most body types. The high-low also will keep your bridesmaids cool with a flirty, fun flare. If you only have 1 or 2 bridesmaids, get their input on what they feel comfortable in too!
Breathable, flowy fabrics are the best option. Most of the time sleeves will be too hot. Halters, spaghetti straps, and off the shoulder will be breezy and cool when paired with the best fabric for an ocean ceremony. Read more about bridal tips and fabric options here.
Short/A length dresses are your best bet. Long dresses can work too, but be sure it’s a tulle/chiffon-like fabric to avoid getting stuck in the sand. And consider sandals or bare feet when making any alterations. We love the bridesmaids featured in the photo below who have chosen the necklines and sleeves they prefer on each dress. Yet, the whole bridal party has a cohesive look that complements the bride and maybe even her wedding package decor…just the way it should be! The bride pictured just below chose the Coral Distinctive Design package for her ceremony. We also see pictured Sea Green which our Jacksonville Bride chose.
Brides, there is so much choice regarding color this coming year. As you can see by our own Florida Beach Wedding photos, coral and fuchsia continue to be popular and are oh so pretty with beach blues. However, Teal combined with other colors continue to gain in popular: hence our Teal Distinctive Design all-inclusive wedding package. Check out The Knot’s vision for some beautiful beach wedding color combos.
Consider your crowd here. If your girlfriends are taking time off work to help prepare for your wedding and possible travel, keep the financial burden at a minimum. You can often get inspiration from top name brands and find an equally stylish look for less under from another more affordable company.
So shoes are easy. Barefoot or cute barefoot sandals are both practical footwear choices. No need for sandals that will flip sand everywhere or become buried treasure. Fun and beach-y hair pins or other jewelry could double as a sweet bridal party gift. And why not a playful beachball for the wedding photography session?
Ready to book your beach wedding date in Florida? Get ready to bring your beach bridesmaids down to the sun and the sea and say, “I do!” Contact our planners today.
So you said, “Yes!” and now it’s on to the next set of decisions: multiple lists of wedding plans and contacts, budgeting and to-dos. You’ve decided on a beach wedding, but now what? Is it worth hiring a beach wedding planner and what does a beach wedding planner even do? Let’s break down the top 5 reasons for hiring a beach wedding planner.
- Affordable: Most brides tend to think of D.I.Y. weddings as the most affordable option. However, with Florida Beach Weddings you pay one affordable price with no hidden fees. You won’t be left with much to do besides show up the day of your wedding. Save your money on beach decor and tedious hours planning. We’ve been planning dream beach weddings for over a decade (since 2007 in fact). Our efficient practices allow our beach wedding planning services to stay well within your budget.
- Destination Known: While the majority of beach weddings are destination weddings, many couples may be unfamiliar with beach locations. We perform weddings on the Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast. Our beach wedding planners can tell you which beach are the best during tides, highly sought after photography locations, beaches with free parking and those with fees, permits, handicap accessibility, drive and no drive zones.
- One Stop Shop: Florida Beach Weddings prides itself on two things: affordability and stress free weddings. We can provide all the services you will need for the day of your wedding in one place for one price. Officiant, wedding photographer, set up and break down, ceremony decor: you choose the details, customize it and we make it happen. This means you won’t be worrying and wasting time contacting dozens of vendors throughout planning and the day of your ceremony. So easy!
- After Party: Whether you’re looking to throw a huge party or enjoy an intimate celebratory meal at a wedding reception venue, our Florida Beach Weddings specialists can guide and help you find the perfect spot. With many years of planning beach ceremonies, we have found the services and venues that our couples are looking for. We want your wedding day to be perfect from start to finish and have the experience to make your dreams come true.
- Relaxation: So hiring a beach wedding planner is affordable, reputable, and professional. This means you get to relax and enjoy the beach wedding vacation you deserve. Take the extra money you’ll save by hiring the Florida Beach Weddings company and splurge on a couples massage or buy the wedding party an extra round of frozen cocktails on the beach.