Wedding plans are chugging along and your big day will be here before you know it. Plus, if you’ve hired our Florida Beach Weddings Company, you can rest assured that your beach wedding ceremony is going to be smooth sailing. After all, you can contact us with any concerns you have as well as checking your private and secure wedding portal at any time for details on your complete wedding package. Now, on to the night before your wedding, a good night’s sleep makes our to-do list the night before your Florida wedding…but it’s not the only thing! Let’s talk about what else you SHOULD and SHOULDN’T be doing the night before you tie the knot.
What to do the Night Before Your Beach Wedding
- Delegate: Most pre-wedding plans should be in place the night before your beach wedding (check our How to Plan for a Destination Wedding posts for more on that). Don’t use the night before as a time to re-plan your wedding and obsess over details. However, there are a few things that ARE best left to the night before:
- Marriage license: Make sure to bring this to your wedding ceremony to keep things official. If you have a reliable bridesmaid or family member, you can give it to him/her the night before and ensure they bring it to the ceremony location. Find out more about obtaining a Florida Marriage License here.
- Rings: Give your rings to a trusted friend/bridal party member (maid of honor/best man) to bring to ceremony location. You definitely don’t want to be running around looking for these at the last minute.
- Bag It: Just about everybody has that friend that is a walking filing/medicine/snack cabinet. Or maybe it’s you. Whether it’s a band-aid, safety pin, stain remover, or granola bar, this person always seems to have it. So while it’s not necessary to bring a suitcase to your wedding ceremony, a little bag will come in handy. It’s best to pack a bag with some essentials for the day of your beach wedding. You can buy a fun bride bag or even a simple gallon zipper bag will do the trick. Some possible necessities: (this could also be where you keep the marriage license and rings if you don’t have a friend to delegate the responsibility)
- Snack- often brides get so caught up with hair/make up/ and a little pre-wedding jitter that meals often go neglected. So to avoid hunger pains and dehydration (or moodiness), pack a mess-free snack and a bottle of water. Take a bite before driving/walking to your ceremony site.
- Make Up- The beach is your wedding chapel so it is best to be natural and prepared for some sunshine. It’s a good idea to pack your lip stick/gloss and a powder for a quick touch up before walking down the aisle and again before photos (more make up tips here).
- Hair: Depending on your style maybe a few bobby pins, travel hair spray, or just a brush may come in handy. See more about beach brides hair here.
- Don’t go crazy and overpack, just think of basic essentials and have this bag ready to grab and go in the A.M.
- Choose Your Beverages Wisely: Water is best. It will keep your skin looking fresh and hydrated, especially in the Florida sun. A glass of wine or small cocktail to help take off the pre-wedding jitter edge is fine. But don’t go partying it up which will lead to a more restless night, dehydration, and a possible hang over. Yuck! It’s also best to avoid caffeine, which could just add to your jitters and make for a bouncing off the wall bride at night and sluggish beauty in the A.M.
- Sleep. I know we’re not the first to talk of the importance of a good night’s sleep. This means turning off social media and other screens well before bed. Rest up so you are ripe and ready for your big day!