So you’re engaged. Congratulations! You’ve made a HUGE decision. You’ve chosen the person you will be spending the rest of your life with. Now that’s a big deal. Since that’s settled, let’s move on to the next major decision regarding your Florida Destination Beach Wedding: east coast or West Coast Florida Beach Wedding? Finding the right beach should be easy compared to finding the right soul mate, right? We think so once you have the right information. Each beach has different characteristics, just like people, and can set the tone for your Florida wedding. Check out the information below and decide for yourself.
East Coast or Gulf Beach Wedding
We’ve created a list of major selling points for an East Coast and West Coast Florida Beach Wedding. Jury (you) is still out. So here’s the case:
East Coast with Atlantic Ocean
- Seaside Sunrise– Early riser? Nothing connects you with nature quite like a beach sunrise. Start your day waking up to a sky full of pinks and oranges and the peaceful sound of rolling waves. A good time for a private, intimate wedding or elopement with just the two of you. Try Ponce Inlet for a spectacular white sand beach, sun and gentle sea. St. Augustine is another favorite for romance and historic venues to explore.
- Waves– The east coast Atlantic Ocean is much more active than the Gulf coast. There are many hot surf/body boarding spots. If you like the thrill of “riding toes on the nose” or surfing some “totally rad” waves, the east coast is likely your spot. Maybe you just like splashing and jumping over the waves: guaranteed to get you and your guests laughing (and soaked!) In any event, the east coast is definitely an energetic beach wedding location. We recommend a Cocoa Beach wedding, which is also close to Port Canaveral for a honeymoon cruise.
- Getting Here– With Daytona International Airport minutes from the beach and Orlando International Airport about an hour car ride away, the east coast of Florida has easy accessibility. Looking for affordable flights? Check out Orlando Sanford International Airport which hosts discounted flight from lines like Allegiant and Frontier potentially connecting to a city near you.
- Entertainment: NASCAR, Kennedy Space Center, St. Augustine Castillo de San Marcos, Jacksonville Jaguars, offshore fishing charters, just to name a few. Check out some top ranking things to do in Daytona Beach, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and Cocoa Beach.
West Coast with Gulf Beach Wedding
- Sunsets: Breathtaking views to end the day and begin the night are like no other here on the west coast of Florida. Sunset beach weddings are in high demand on Clearwater Beach, Siesta Key, St. Pete Beach and Destin, Florida.
- Waves: Unlike the east coast, west coast beach waves are very small, if there are any at all. If floating on a raft or wading peacefully in the water is your style, a Gulf beach wedding it is. Surfers and other “boarders”, hit up the east coast for some wave action because you won’t find it here.
- White Sandy, Beaches: Picturing sinking your toes into beautiful white, soft sand as you say, “I do?” West Coast it is. While the east has coarser, darker sand in most areas, Gulf beach weddings have pristine white sand: Siesta Key is a favorite with Florida Beach Weddings couples.
- Getting Here: Orlando International Airport is slightly closer to the east coast, but still just over an hour from Tampa. There’s also Tampa International Airport. So it’s a draw on this topic, but you may favor one coast or another depending on your departure city and flight deals.
- Entertainment- West Coast is a little quieter compared to the east, but there is still plenty to do. A visit to Ybor City, The Florida Aquarium, guided boat tours, and sunset cruises all make for a fun adventures! Check out more to do in Destin, Clearwater, and Siesta Key.
Almost all of our complete beach wedding packages are available on both coasts of Florida, and we plan and officiate them personally. You can have a small beach wedding or a large, fully decorated beach ceremony. What’s the right fit for you? Book your Florida Destination Beach Wedding today or contact our dedicated wedding specialists find out more!