Sarasota/Siesta Key Beach Wedding Receptions
When planning a destination beach wedding this question always arises; what to do about a reception? Here are some of our reception ideas for your Sarasota Beach Wedding:
Small Weddings of 30 or less guests:
With smaller weddings the easiest, and most cost-effective way to have a celebration after your beach wedding ceremony is to take your guests to dinner. Choose a restaurant that either has a small private dining room to rent, or where they take reservations and can accommodate your guest count. You can even make arrangements to have your cake delivered to this venue. After your first dance on the beach you can have a complete, small wedding reception at a fraction of the cost of a reception at home. Check out Turtles on Little Sarasota, Cafe Gabbiano’s and the Daquiri Deck in Siesta Key Village. The Columbia House, and Tommy Bahama Restaurant in Lido Beach come highly recommended. Sharkey’s in Venice and there are several more throughout the Sarasota, Florida area that may be suitable for your beach wedding reception.
Larger weddings with 30 – 100 guests:
There are several venues that can offer you a great reception for an economical price after your Sarasota Beach Wedding.
Siesta Key: Although this is one of the best beaches in Florida, there are no Gulf beachfront hotels or restaurants directly on the Gulf in Siesta Key that offer a reception venue. However, the Boatyard Bar and Grill is a great option (see photo below courtesy of Wedding Wire) — you can have your own reception area on the bay front. The Devyn is on the mainland but is a full service reception venue. Mattison 41 also provides reception accommodations.
What about a beach wedding reception outdoors? We do not recommend an outdoor beach wedding reception for several reasons.
- First, most Gulf beach areas do not allow it or the rules are so limiting that it makes it more work for the couples (and more stress). During Turtle Season (May – October) there are many more rules about lighting, hours, on the beach after dark, etc.
- Your guests definitely will enjoy your Gulf beach wedding, but the comfort of an indoor/outdoor covered area will be inviting and refreshing after you have completed your beach wedding ceremony.
- If the weather has been a bit uncooperative but we have been able to use the beach for your wedding, you do not want to leave any part of your wedding day to the mercy of outdoor elements (especially if a rain event is approaching). In the case of inclement beach weather you may only have a small window of opportunity to complete your Sarasota Beach wedding, so why not head to your indoor reception area to have a great wedding reception celebration without the weather worries!
- Older family members usually prefer an indoor/ or semi-indoor reception. It is great to be dressed up and enjoying the sandy beach for a ceremony, but to spend several hours outdoor on the sand is a different story (or the heat).
- Something not usually thought about, but would be greatly appreciated is indoor plumbing!
There are so many options for a reception for your Sarasota Beach Wedding, you can surely find the one that works for you. Once you choose your beach wedding package and book your wedding date with us we can provide more local vendors depending on your specific needs. And, contact us with any questions you may have about your Sarasota Beach Wedding!