So you’re engaged. Congratulations! You’ve made a HUGE decision. You’ve chosen the person you will be spending the rest of your life with. Now that’s a big deal. And since that’s settled, let’s move on to the next HUGE decision regarding your Florida Destination Beach Wedding – East or West Coast Florida Beach Wedding ? Finding the right beach should be easy compared to finding the right soul mate, right? We think so. Check out the facts and decide for yourself.
East or West Coast Florida Beach Wedding
We’ve created a list of major selling points for an East Coast and West Coast Florida Beach Wedding. Jury (you) is still out. So here’s the case:
- Seaside Sunrise– Early riser? Nothing connects you with nature quite like a beach sunrise. Start you day waking up to a sky full of pinks and oranges and the peaceful sound of rolling waves.
- Waves– The east coast Atlantic Ocean is much more active than the west coast. There are many hot surf/body boarding spots. If you like the thrill of “riding toes on the nose” or surfing some “totally rad” waves, the east coast is likely your spot. If the big waves turn you into a land lubber, head west.
- Getting Here– With Daytona International Airport minutes from the beach and Orlando International Airport about an hour car ride, the east coast has easy accessibility. Looking for affordable flights? Check out Orlando Sanford International Airport which hosts discounted flight from lines like Allegiant and Frontier potentially connecting to a city near you.
- Entertainment: NASCAR, Kennedy Space Center, Port Canaveral (cruise), St. Augustine (oldest city in U.S.), Jacksonville Jaguars, offshore fishing charters, just to name a few. Check out some top ranking things to do in Daytona Beach, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and Cocoa Beach.
- Sunsets: Breathtaking views to end the day and begin the night are like no other here on the west coast of Florida.
- Waves: Unlike the east coast, west coast waves are very small, if there at all. If floating on a raft or wading peacefully in the water is your style, west coast it is. Surfers and other “boarders” of all types, hit up the east coast for some wave action because you won’t find it here.
- White Sandy, Beaches: Picturing sinking your toes into beautiful white, soft sand as you say, “I do?” West Coast it is. While the east has coarser, darker sand, west coast beach weddings have pristine white sand.
- Getting Here: Orlando International Airport is slightly closer to the east coast, but still just over an hour from Tampa. There’s also Tampa International Airport. So it’s a draw on this topic, but may favor one coast or another depending on your departure city.
- Entertainment- West Coast is a little quieter compared to the east, but there is still plenty to do. A visit to Ybor City, The Florida Aquarium, guided boat tours, and sunset cruises all make for a fun adventures! Check out more to do in Destin, Clearwater, and Siesta Key.
Well, there ya have it. What’s the right fit for you? Book your Florida Destination Beach Wedding today or find out more!