So you have your heart on a destination wedding, but not sure if it’s affordable? Well, great resources and a little creativity go a long way in making your beach wedding dreams come true all within your wedding budget! Check out the guide below for everything you need to know about planning an affordable destination wedding.
Bride Guide: Planning an Affordable Destination Weddin
Know Your Budget:
So before we dive into HOW to save money. Let’s decide exactly how much money we’re starting with here. This number doesn’t have to be down to the penny, but we need a starting place. And don’t start charging up your bill. Maybe a side job can help you gain some cash for the wedding fund. It’s your big day, but you don’t need big debt when it’s all said and done.
Make a list of non-negotioalbes and see where everything stands. Can you cut back on your dress budget to make room for an upgraded hotel suite? Do fresh flowers make your wedded heart swoon? Or can you go faux to allow for professional hair and make up? So write it all down. Some ideas are:
- Wedding party size (most wedding planners charge more for larger groups of people)
- Hair/Make Up
- Wedding Package Design Choice
- Additional/Professional Photography
- Wedding Dress
- Groom Tux/Suit
- Travel- Flight/Car
- Wedding Favors
- Bridal Party Gifts
- After party/Reception
You can also check out The Knot’s FREE wedding budget calculator.
3. All Inclusive Packages:
Most of all, your best bet to save money and stress is going with an all inclusive wedding package. This is especially true for destination wedding. With Your Destin Beach Wedding Company, everything you need for your wedding day is included in the affordable, upfront price.
4. Money Saving Ideas:
With a little creativity, you can save money left and right. Here are some ideas for trimming the fat from your wedding budget:
- Wedding Dress- Second hand (try a local Facebook resale group or high end consignment shop)
- Hair and Make Up- If hiring a pro is out, there are no shortage of Youtube hair/make up tutorials. Just practice, practice, practice.
- Travel- Subscribe to a travel search engine and check back frequently for cheap air fare. These prices can fluctuate day to day so look for a price drop and pick up your tickets!
- Evites over mailed invitations can end up saving you hundreds. Between the actual stationary and the cost to mail them, go paperless and save more.
- Flowers- Have an creative and RELIABLE friend attending the wedding? Could he/she put together a some simple bouquets and boutonnieres?You may have to settle with whatever flowers are in stock that day/week at the local grocery/florida, but if that’s not a priority to you, then that’s an option.