Anastasia Beach Wedding –
A St. Augustine Wedding Like No Other
Being inside all the time has many of us feeling a little down, but in Florida things are looking up. And at Anastasia Beach you can trade your gray skies for blue. Trade boots for bare feet. Trade layers of clothes for sun dresses. And when you hear “white wedding,” the white sandy beaches are a perfect match for your stunning wedding dress. Well, let’s see just what a dream beach wedding at Anastasia Beach looks like.
What We Love about an Anastasia Beach Wedding :
Anastasia Beach offers easy beach access with plenty of parking. Some neighboring beaches are equally as beautiful, but guests may be forced to walk up to a mile or more from the closest parking spots. Parking can be at a premium for many beaches and the large parking lot relieves that concern for your beach wedding ceremony. In addition, this beach also offers a very easily accessible handicap ramp right by your wedding ceremony location. There are no buildings on the beach and no driving, so you get nothing but beautiful views of the Atlantic Ocean and beach dunes. The Sea Turtle Pavilion is available for small, outdoor wedding receptions. There is a permit fee for an Anastasia State Park Wedding, the price depends on the size of your wedding.
It’s a common misconception to think all Florida beaches are alike. Each has it’s own unique characteristics. And these can change within the short distance of just 5-10 miles up or down the coast. Anastasia Beach is made up of gorgeous white sand, untouched sand dunes, and beautiful rolling ocean waves. Think poster print beach wedding photography.
St. Augustine is a treasure chest full of adventures, nature, and history. And within just a couple miles of your Anastasia Beach Wedding, you can rent bikes or paddle boards, catch an outdoor concert, or zipline through the Alligator Farm,
St. Augustine is a top destination for Florida weddings. Well, here’s proof. These are some of our favorite shots from Clari and Ciro’s February beach wedding at Anastasia Beach.
Clari & Ciro’s Anastasia Beach Wedding
There are many all inclusive wedding packages and elopement packages for you to choose from with our beach wedding company. Click here to book your Anastasia Beach Wedding today!
Are you thinking of getting married in the USA on a beautiful Florida beach? On the fence as to whether or not a destination wedding is right for you? Thinking it may be out of your budget? Well put aside whatever you’ve been told before or doubts you may have about destination weddings in Florida. Many couples travel from England, Scotland, Ireland and other countries to have a wedding ceremony in Florida. We’re going to give you the facts and bust some popular US destination wedding myths!
Myth # 1:
Destination Weddings are too complicated to plan.
If you can book a flight to the USA and pack a suitcase, you can plan a Florida destination beach wedding. With our Florida Beach Wedding Company, we do EVERYTHING for you to ensure a seamless and beautiful beach wedding. Our US beach wedding packages are all inclusive. We’re talking about helping you choose a Florida beach location, set up/break down of your wedding decorations, a wedding officiant, professional wedding photographer, and assistance with your Florida marriage license. Our beach wedding specialists can advise you regarding what to do the week before the wedding, how to choose the perfect wedding dress for Florida beach weather, beach wedding make up….we’ve got you covered with all the best tips and tricks to make your US destination wedding perfect.
Myth # 2:
Destination Weddings are too expensive for UK citizens
The average cost of a traditional (non destination) wedding in America is $26,000. Wait, what? That figure should have you running for the hills, but wait, how about running for the beach? Our Florida Beach Wedding packages are coming in somewhere between $1,000-$2,500 USD with almost everything included. Now translate that into your own currency and start clapping with excitement! Add in flight and hotel, dress, hair and make up to the budget and you will still have room for the honeymoon. Really, you could have roughly 5 beach weddings for the price of 1 “average, traditional” wedding. Once you have booked your date with us, we can provide even more ways to save money with a destination beach wedding with our recommended vendors list for every Florida beach location.
Myth # 3:
Florida Destination Weddings won’t be legally recognized in the UK
In order for your Florida marriage to be recognized as legal in the UK, the following conditions must be met (per raydensolicitors.co.uk):
- The marriage must be recognized as a legal marriage in the USA and the parties to the marriage must have complied with the procedures required in the country of marriage: USA. This generally includes giving the relevant notice and having the required witnesses.
- Each party to the marriage must have capacity to marry under the laws of the country that they are domiciled at the time of the marriage. The country in which you are domiciled will be the country of your main permanent home in which you live, or to which you intend to return. Capacity covers issues such as age, consent and mental capacity.
Any previous marriage must be properly terminated as per the requirements of English law and you must have the date for your Florida marriage license application.
It is also important to have evidence of the marriage, which will generally be the original marriage certificate.
The Notary or Minister of your wedding is responsible for posting the marriage license back to the courthouse to have it validated (Florida Beach Weddings takes care of this for you). You won’t receive your marriage certificate straight away. The courthouse will post it to your home address, which usually takes 4-6 weeks, although some people have said they received theirs earlier.
Following Florida’s legal marriage process will ensure that your marriage is legal in the UK. You can obtain it by mail. There is no residency or citizenship requirement to apply for a Florida marriage license but you will need your photo passport. Contact us to plan your dream destination wedding or with any other questions. As you can see, getting married in Florida is easy for UK couples! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sarasota/Siesta Key Beach Wedding Receptions
When planning a destination beach wedding this question always arises; what to do about a reception? Here are some of our reception ideas for your Sarasota Beach Wedding:
Small Weddings of 30 or less guests:
With smaller weddings the easiest, and most cost-effective way to have a celebration after your beach wedding ceremony is to take your guests to dinner. Choose a restaurant that either has a small private dining room to rent, or where they take reservations and can accommodate your guest count. You can even make arrangements to have your cake delivered to this venue. After your first dance on the beach you can have a complete, small wedding reception at a fraction of the cost of a reception at home. Check out Turtles on Little Sarasota, Cafe Gabbiano’s and the Daquiri Deck in Siesta Key Village. The Columbia House, and Tommy Bahama Restaurant in Lido Beach come highly recommended. Sharkey’s in Venice and there are several more throughout the Sarasota, Florida area that may be suitable for your beach wedding reception.
Larger weddings with 30 – 100 guests:
There are several venues that can offer you a great reception for an economical price after your Sarasota Beach Wedding.
Siesta Key: Although this is one of the best beaches in Florida, there are no Gulf beachfront hotels or restaurants directly on the Gulf in Siesta Key that offer a reception venue. However, the Boatyard Bar and Grill is a great option (see photo below courtesy of Wedding Wire) — you can have your own reception area on the bay front. The Devyn is on the mainland but is a full service reception venue. Mattison 41 also provides reception accommodations.
What about a beach wedding reception outdoors? We do not recommend an outdoor beach wedding reception for several reasons.
- First, most Gulf beach areas do not allow it or the rules are so limiting that it makes it more work for the couples (and more stress). During Turtle Season (May – October) there are many more rules about lighting, hours, on the beach after dark, etc.
- Your guests definitely will enjoy your Gulf beach wedding, but the comfort of an indoor/outdoor covered area will be inviting and refreshing after you have completed your beach wedding ceremony.
- If the weather has been a bit uncooperative but we have been able to use the beach for your wedding, you do not want to leave any part of your wedding day to the mercy of outdoor elements (especially if a rain event is approaching). In the case of inclement beach weather you may only have a small window of opportunity to complete your Sarasota Beach wedding, so why not head to your indoor reception area to have a great wedding reception celebration without the weather worries!
- Older family members usually prefer an indoor/ or semi-indoor reception. It is great to be dressed up and enjoying the sandy beach for a ceremony, but to spend several hours outdoor on the sand is a different story (or the heat).
- Something not usually thought about, but would be greatly appreciated is indoor plumbing!
There are so many options for a reception for your Sarasota Beach Wedding, you can surely find the one that works for you. Once you choose your beach wedding package and book your wedding date with us we can provide more local vendors depending on your specific needs. And, contact us with any questions you may have about your Sarasota Beach Wedding!
If you are looking for a Gulf beach wedding venue that has white sand, emerald water and comes complete with a beach, park, outdoor reception areas and parking for hundreds – it’s Sand Key Park in Clearwater, Florida! It’s time to say Yes to De-Stress and get ready to relax in Florida.
Photo courtesy of Visit St. Pete Clearwater
Perfect for a large wedding party, the park proper has two picnic shelters with grills, a playground, and restrooms. Grills, picnic tables, and water fountains are but a few of the offered amenities. Sand Key also offers disabled visitors beach wheelchairs, which are easier to use on the sand and float in the water, free of charge. A salt marsh with viewing benches further enhances the park where heron, roseate spoonbill, great horned owls and other Florida birds nest and feed.
Sand Key Park is away from the hustle and bustle of the main area of Clearwater Beach, making it a peaceful place for the perfect beach wedding! There are several key areas that make for wonderful wedding day photos: large grassy areas, the white sand beach, and rocky areas. However, Florida Beach Weddings prefers to perform your wedding ceremony on the quietest area of the beach, so you can enjoy an intimate and unforgettable wedding day. A perfect getaway spot when children are included, they will be thrilled with the warm Gulf sea.
Sand Key Beach Restaurant for a Wedding Reception
The Columbia Restaurant was founded in 1905 and is Florida’s oldest restaurant℠. The Columbia Restaurant in Sand Key on Clearwater Beach is the perfect venue for your party or special event. Old-World Mediterranean style dining rooms lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering. Group reservations welcome.
When considering a beach wedding in Sand Key Park here are some things to be aware of:
- If you’d like to use a caterer, you must use the licensed caterer provided by the park.
- Reservations are required for the main picnic area.
- There is a fee for parking using automated meters.
- A permit fee will be required to be married on Sand Key Beach (our beach wedding company will help you with this process).
So why not tie the knot with beautiful decor on a Gulf beach in Florida? Choosing Sand Key Park will be an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Contact us today.
Many couples are now planning their 2021 weddings and may be thinking about a Florida destination wedding. You might even be working on your guest list which is always a challenge. Having a Beach Wedding is meant to be relaxing and enjoyable. In order to ensure a smooth beach wedding ceremony it is best to make sure your guests are will informed. Below are some helpful tips to help your guests arrive on time, know where to go, and ensure they don’t have to add stress to your special wedding day.
Teal Distinctive Design Package beach wedding with guests in chairs
- Most important: Time of ceremony. Your guests should arrive at least 15 minutes before your ceremony start time. This allows them plenty of time to get to the beach, find parking, and mingle for a few. TIP: On your invitations put your ceremony start time 15 minutes prior to the actual start time, so you can guarantee your wedding will go off on time. Everybody will be relaxed and ready to watch the bride walk down the aisle!
- Location of the beach wedding ceremony. If you are all staying at the same hotel, or rental home on the beach and you just have to walk outside to the beach, great. However, if you are all staying at different locations, or they will be driving in, you need to provide your guests with an exact address of the beach area. Any landmarks, street intersections, etc. that can assist them in getting to the correct beach wedding location will help them navigate unfamiliar streets. Our Florida Beach Weddings company always provides you with detailed information about the beach location, and this can be shared with your guests. You may wish to designate someone as a contact to help with any guest issues that arise prior to the ceremony, for peace of mind.
- How to get to the beach wedding ceremony. As you may know, parking is not always easy to find. We try and provide you with beach wedding location choices that are close to large parking areas to accommodate the size of your wedding guest list. Keep in mind, most parking is paid parking (meters are usually found in the parking lot areas — they take cash, or credit card). Your beach wedding guests should be aware that most of the parking is paid parking, so they can be prepared.
- If you, and all of your beach wedding guests, are coming from out of town, you should provide them with a couple of hotel options. Or at least one, if you want everyone to stay at the same hotel. You may want to contact the hotel directly, and talk to their group sales department. They will be able to provide you with information about how to block rooms. This usually requires a five to ten room minimum. You will receive a code to give to your guests when they make their reservation. If you are having a smaller group, you can provide them a few hotels in the area, and they can make their own reservations. We have hotel recommendations we can share with you after booking your wedding to help you make this decision.
- Provide your beach wedding guests with a general timeline of the day of the ceremony. This way, they know how much free time they will have to enjoy the day and what time they will need to arrive for the ceremony. You may also want to let them know about any after ceremony festivities. Such as meeting at a restaurant, or providing a small reception, etc. Florida Beach Weddings company will provide you with the timelines to facilitate a smooth and happy wedding ceremony.
- If your beach wedding guests have never been to the area, you can provide them with some interesting things to do. If you choose to have a Gulf beach wedding in the Tampa area, you have the Florida aquarium. And, the drive to all the major attractions in Orlando, is only a little over an hour from east coast beaches. Your guests might get lucky and get the chance to see a NASA space launch near Cocoa Beach!
- Your wedding guests might be wondering what to wear, especially if they have never visited Florida. You can tell them to make sure they are cool and comfortable. There are many options to be “dress casual” and still enjoy the beach. For the gentlemen: Polo shirts, linen shirts, khaki pants or shorts, boat shoes or flip flops. For the ladies: Comfortable sun dresses (tip: make sure they aren’t see-through in the sun), dress shorts, cute flat sandals, pumps, or flip flops. If dressing up, great — another hint, if the dress is too short, it may blow “up” in the sea breeze. If you want, you can even give them some color options for those special wedding photos. For example, you can let them know that it would be great if everyone followed a color theme, and give them two to three choices of colors (for example, khaki, coral, and teal) to go with your beach wedding decor. This gives everyone some type of guidance, and it would make a great, color-coordinated group wedding photo!
If you make sure your beach wedding guests know where your Florida beach wedding will take place, this just means less stress for you. You want the day of your ceremony to be filled with joy and laughter, not stress for yourself or those special people in your life. Our beach wedding specialists are here to help you from booking your date, to choosing a complete wedding package, Florida marriage license, and arriving on the beach for your marriage ceremony. So, remember, an informed beach wedding guest, is a happy guest!
Congratulations, and we can’t wait to see you, and your special wedding guests, on the beach!
We are all going through uncertain times right now, and many of us are experiencing anxiety. Things are slowing down and we may be looking for a way to relax and ease our minds. One of the best ways to do this is to think about beautiful things: read a romantic novel, watch an old movie or even browse some fashion. If you are bride to be why not indulge your fantasies and look at some gorgeous beach wedding dresses. This might be just what you need!
Key ideas for a beach wedding dress include: beachy, romantic, affordable. Now keep those ideas fresh in your mind. Bring them to the table when choosing your perfect beach wedding dress. Let’s use those three magical words for our wedding dress guide.
How to Choose the Perfect Beach Wedding Dress:
Your choice for a beach wedding alludes to the fact that you have an appreciation for the outdoors and adventure. So let’s consider the beach elements like sun and sand when narrowing down your beach wedding dress selection. It’s best to stick with dress fabrics that are lightweight and wispy. Cotton, chiffon, tulle, lace overlays are all great options. Avoid heavy ballgown type dresses that will get weighed down in the sand and leave you uncomfortable or hot. This doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice a traditional white wedding gown look, just choose the right fabric. And, no, it doesn’t have to be white either!
Perfect summer Florida Beach wedding dress
Romance is in the eye of the beholder? Or something like that. 😉 Let your natural style guide you here. Are you into vintage? Modern? Classic? Boho Chic? Fun and flirty? Get an idea of which style speaks to you and that will narrow your focus. Any style can be tweaked or adapted to fit the beach scene whether it’s a Gulf beach wedding or Atlantic coast. So once you’ve found your “style” keep in mind the beach-y fabric choices mentioned above.
Bride on the beach with flowers
Toolcloth Boho lace wedding dress
Where there’s a high end wedding dress, there is an equally creative company designing very similar concepts. And at a much more budget-friendly price. There’s nothing wrong with skimming the hottest bridal magazine for inspiration but don’t get glued to an exact dress. Find a dress you love and get in touch with your local bridal gown store. These stores specialize in the latest trends and brands and can likely find the perfect beach wedding dress for you! There’s another take here too. You can keep the romance and tradition, but opt for a more casual dress. When you can, peruse local boutiques for white dresses that may not be labeled as “wedding dresses.” Deals are coming!
Tadashi Shoji V-Neck Lace Wedding Dress at Nordstrom
In conclusion, if you have the right fabric, feel romantic and beautiful, and haven’t broken the bank- success! Now imagine the perfect Florida beach wedding. The brides below were just like you: they had dreams and made them come true at beautiful Florida beaches in Cocoa Beach, Treasure Island and Destin. The wedding package decor was customized for each couple.
Florida Beach Wedding in Cocoa Beach.
Treasure Island Beach Wedding at Sunset
Couple after Florida Gulf beach wedding in Destin
Contact us to discuss a dream beach wedding.