Ok, your beach wedding countdown is officially 1 week away. You’ve made phone calls, paid deposits, bought, altered, picked out and perfected every last wedding detail. And you’re only days away from the official “Mr. and Mrs.” title. Use this checklist so you can rest assured that when you walk down the aisle, saying “I do” is the only thing left to-do on your list.
Beach Wedding Countdown: 1 Week Away Checklist
- Make it official. Have you applied for your marriage license? Contact your wedding coordinator if you aren’t sure what you need to do. Also, make sure you or someone very trustworthy is in charge of bringing the marriage license to the wedding site the day of. Check out some FAQs for obtaining a marriage license in Clearwater Beach here.
- Roger that! Call any vendors (hair, nails, make up, photographer) to confirm appointment times and check your map to ensure good timing to and from hotels/appointments/beach. It’s likely your wedding day is on a weekend, so consider traffic being busier than a weekday.
- Check out the beach. A day or two before the actual wedding, go and check out your beach location. Your Clearwater Beach Wedding coordinator will have sent you an itinerary so you can also check out parking and meeting spots ahead of time. While you’re there, why not pack a beach chair and a towel and enjoy some sunshine! If anyone asks, it’s part of the beach wedding preparation. Oh, and don’t forget sunscreen to avoid a burn or unsightly tan lines.
- Iron out the details. Literally, get the iron (or steamer) out and make sure your dress and the Mr.’s wedding attire is ready to go.
- Relax, you’re getting married! Whether you’re a frequent beach goer or you’ve traveled many miles for your beach destination wedding, keep the beach mentality. Take it easy, relax, and enjoy this special time!
Well let’s just start off by saying, brides traditionally take the <wedding> cake over the groom when it comes to being styled on the big day. You can learn more about tips on choosing a beach wedding dress here. But let’s focus on who the bride is walking down the aisle to meet and what he’s looking like at a beach wedding.
5 Tips for Choosing What the Groom Should Wear to a Beach Wedding:
- Don’t sweat it. Heat-this is the most important aspect to consider for handsome grooms. Light, airy fabrics are a must for 10 out of the 12 months of the year here in sunny Clearwater Beach. It’s normal to get sweaty palms along with a few nerves before exchanging “I do’s.” But unless the future husband is preparing for a wrestling weigh in by sweating out those last few pounds, ditch the idea of a three piece suit.
- Filter your search engine. I know it’s tempting to type “beach wedding attire” and gawk over images of beautiful couples dawning perfectly trending ensembles. However, don’t get caught up in cleverly posed couples and forget the reality of what it’s like to be on the beach. Keep your style personal to you, while maintaining the simplicity and beauty of a beach wedding. White button down shirts/polos paired with khaki/black/grey shorts or pants is a timeless look for a beach groom.
- Sunny days- Discuss ahead of time whether or not sunglasses are a go. Consider setting the shades to the side for the ceremony and following photos. And don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Toes in the sand- Just like with the shirt and pants, remember your environment. Barefeet, flip flops, or boat shoes are ideal. Fancy dress shoes can sink in the sand and fill up with sand just as fast!
- Special touches- Boutonnieres can add a touch of elegance and charm to a classic beach look. Consider not only flowers, but you can also explore seashell or starfish boutonnieres to add a unique touch. Wanting to make the groom stand out? Consider adding a linen vest to his look.
The key to a well groomed groom (pardon the pun) is deciding on your color, choosing a lightweight fabric, and knowing less is more. The beach environment provides a naturally beautiful atmosphere for your wedding and memorable photographs so don’t get too caught up overdressing. Choosing what the groom should wear to a beach wedding should be simple by sticking to the 5 key tips!