So wedding plans are chugging along. Your big day will be here before you know it. And if you’ve hired Your Clearwater Beach Wedding Company, you can rest assured that your beach wedding ceremony is going to be smooth sailing. And speaking of resting, a good night’s sleep makes our to-do list the night before your beach wedding! 😉 Let’s talk about what else you SHOULD and SHOULDN’T be doing the night before your beach wedding.
What to do the Night Before Your Beach Wedding
- Delegate: Most pre-wedding plans should be in place the night before your beach wedding (check our One Week Away or How to Plan for a Destination Wedding posts for more on that). Don’t use the night before as a time to re-plan your wedding. However, there are a few things that are best left to the night before.
- Marriage license: Make sure to bring this to your wedding ceremony to keep things official. If you have a reliable bridesmaid or family member, you can give it to him/her the night before and ensure they bring it to the ceremony location.
- Rings: Give your rings to a trusted friend/bridal party member (maid of honor/best man) to bring to ceremony location.
- Bag It: Ya know, everybody has that friend that is a walking filing/medicine/snack cabinet. Or maybe it’s you. Whether it’s a band-aid, safety pin, stain remover, or granola bar, this person always seem to have it. So while it’s not necessary to bring a suitcase to your wedding ceremony, a little bag will come in handy. It’s best to pack a bag with some essentials for the day of your beach wedding. You can buy a fun bride bag or even a simple gallon zipper bag will do the trick. Some possible necessities: (this could also be where you keep the marriage license and rings if you don’t have a friend to delegate the responsibility)
- Snack- often brides get so caught up with hair/make up/ and a little pre-wedding jitter that meals often go neglected. So to avoid hunger pains and dehydration, pack a mess-free snack and a bottle of water. Take a bite before driving/walking to your ceremony location.
- Make Up- It’s good to pack your lip stick/gloss and a powder for a quick touch up before walking down the aisle and again before photos (more make up tips here).
- Hair: Depending on your style maybe a few bobby pins, travel hair spray, or just a brush may come in handy.
Don’t go crazy and overpack, just think of basic essentials and have this bag ready to grab and go in the A.M.
- Choose Your Beverages Wisely: Water is best. It will keep your skin looking fresh and hydrated. A glass of wine or small cocktail to help take off the pre-wedding jitter edge is fine. But don’t go partying it up which will lead to a more restless night, dehydration, and a possible hang over. Yuck! It’s also best to avoid caffeine, which could just add to your jitters and make for a bouncing off the wall bride at night and sluggish beauty in the A.M.
- Sleep. I know we’re not the first to talk of the importance of a good night’s sleep. This means turning off social media and other screens well before bed. Rest up so you are ripe and ready for your big day!
Sweet dream bride! And if you’re ready to plan your ultimate dream of a wedding, click HERE!